Bringing wine on board Crown

grandpa cruiser

Does every Princess Ship have different wine bottle limits?

I keep seeing multiple threads daily asking: "How much wine can I bring onboard (fill in the blank) ship?"

I keep trying to look for the section where it says that different ships having different policies on the Princess website and can only find this:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/experience.jsp

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Can someone help, as we have a cruise on the Carribain Princess soon and I do not want to bring too many bottles of wine. Or too less. I am planning to bring two bottles for the both of us.

As far as I know, the policy is the same fleet wide. I know there is a thread about the Star with a similar heading but it had been inactive since 2008, until someone revived it yesterday. I think people are hoping that different ships and/or ports will have lax enforcement and are looking for confirmation of that. I suppose it's possible but if you choose to bring more than one bottle per person, be prepared to pay the corkage fee.

I'm not sure what the mystery is here. There are no recent changes, and there are no different rules for different ships. The policy, as stated in bold type in Post #3 of this thread, is:

You can bring a 750ml bottle for each adult with no charge. Beyond that, you'll pay a $15 corkage fee each.

Jim

Anyone tried to bring on magnums?
Not since they changed the Passage Contract wording that stated 750ml bottles only. In 2011 we brought two magnums on board on one cruise.

Because the Passage Contract specifically sets the limit at 750 ml bottles, any port could choose to not let you board with a magnum.

Edited by IECalCruiser

At North American ports, expect 1 bottle of wine per adult passenger to be allowed corkage free and all other bottles charged a $15 corkage fee. On our last 4 day coastal from San Pedro, there was no wine check-in table set up and we were waved through with our 3 bottles. They probably didn't want to bother with wine on that short cruise. Based upon past posts, Australia probably is the same as North America. European ports seem to be more lax about enforcing the policy. There was no wine check-in in Copenhagen in 2013 or Barcelona last year.