Platinum Le Bistro Dining Perks

NJ Johnny

Can anyone tell me if you can book the Platinum Specialty Dining Comp dinners before you get to your cabin and actually have the certificate in hand? This is the first time my husband and I both are Platinum, and we'd like to book as soon as we board to insure getting the time and day that is convenient for us. Will this still get charged out of our OBC, even if it's a comp? Do we then have to go to Guest Services and tell them that is a Platinum comp or is the charges just cancelled after our meal? Can someone tell me what the procedure is ? Also can this be booked at the pier without incurring a charge to our credit card? Carol

Can anyone tell me if you can book the Platinum Specialty Dining Comp dinners before you get to your cabin and actually have the certificate in hand? This is the first time my husband and I both are Platinum, and we'd like to book as soon as we board to insure getting the time and day that is convenient for us. Will this still get charged out of our OBC, even if it's a comp? Do we then have to go to Guest Services and tell them that is a Platinum comp or is the charges just cancelled after our meal? Can someone tell me what the procedure is ? Also can this be booked at the pier without incurring a charge to our credit card? Carol

What you do is just make your resy either at reception or by phone from your cabin then take your certificate that will be in your cabin to dinner and present at the table. You should have two certificates (one each for dinner for two).

Your not charged till after your dinner is completed

Edited by Ilovesailing

What you do is just make your resy either at reception or by phone from your cabin then take your certificate that will be in your cabin to dinner and present at the table. You should have two certificates (one each for dinner for two).

Your not charged till after your dinner is completed

I think I've read here that you now only get one certificate per stateroom rather than one per person. But I don't know that for sure.

--Michael

I think I've read here that you now only get one certificate per stateroom rather than one per person. But I don't know that for sure.

--Michael

I saw one post saying that (a couple weeks ago)..but have not heard anyone confirming and several have said they got one per platinum member. I suspect there would have been an uproar here on the board if it were true ;)

--Michael

I believe there was something to that effect reported on the European website, but so far nothing for the US. So we are maybe waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Or not, current cruisers (this week) are still reporting two.

And there was no Room Service fee right up until the time their was.;). Impossible to say with NCL in light of all the recent changes when anything may change.

A different Platinum Perk, but in another thread there is a report on the Jewel that the Laundry perk has changed to one bag per cabin, not per Platinum member. They went to the Cruise Consultant and she confirmed that it is the new rule. But, US website still indicates no change.

Soooo, I don't think it is too far fetched to think it is possible that our Le Bistro perk of 2 dinners per Platinum member will be watered down to Dinner for Two^One per Cabin as stated on the EU Latitudes section.

Time will tell.

And there was no Room Service fee right up until the time their was.;). Impossible to say with NCL in light of all the recent changes when anything may change.

A different Platinum Perk, but in another thread there is a report on the Jewel that the Laundry perk has changed to one bag per cabin, not per Platinum member. They went to the Cruise Consultant and she confirmed that it is the new rule. But, US website still indicates no change.

Soooo, I don't think it is too far fetched to think it is possible that our Le Bistro perk of 2 dinners per Platinum member will be watered down to Dinner for Two^One per Cabin as stated on the EU Latitudes section.

Time will tell.

As for the laundry perk it has always been one bag per cruise per room but on our last cruise 14 Panama in Jan. we sent a bag first week under my name and second week under partners name (not married) with no problems and plan on doing the same on our up coming 12 day cruise.

Edited by Ilovesailing

As for the laundry perk it has always been one bag per cruise per room but on our last cruise 14 Panama in Jan. we sent a bag first week under my name and second week under partners name (not married) with no problems and plan on doing the same on our up coming 12 day cruise.

This thread is about the Le Bistro perk and I don't want to take it off topic. There is a current thread going about the Laundry perk, but you are incorrect. It has always been one bag PER Platinum member. There is no * referencing a statement that it is only 1 per cabin as it does with for instance, the chocolate covered strawberries. But you can check out the other thread for more info.

Edited by punkincc

I hope we still get one coupon each. We both earned it. We both booked the cruises and we both paid the fares.

That wouldn't be a happy discovery when we board, that its now one per cabin.

It might not be that big of a deal but we still enjoy the "if its free its for me" feeling ;) The bottle of wine that comes with it is nice also!

DH's comp'd LeBistro dining certificate for two people plus a bottle of wine - March 2015 - is shown, mine was used & given to the Maitre'd as we arrived for our confirmed time. I booked two nights for both under my name once we're onboard, using the iConcierge on the Breakaway. Our server knew & gave us the comp'd wine list to choose a bottle from - done, nothing to sign for.

Like the "re-scaled" Godvia chocolate and strawberries perks - I wouldn't be surprised or terribly upset if they come up with a new Platinum-sized "petitte" bottle of wine soon instead of the 750 ml. ones now given. These are first world problems as I can see those comments are coming ... sigh :D :rolleyes: