Did they jack up the prices of the Beverage Packages?

This link says $55 per person per day for the Ultimate Package.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Prices that match this link have been referenced in various threads on this and other forums.

I'm on the April 24th sailing of the Quantum. I'm looking at my Cruise Planner now and the prices are:

Ultimate $64.90 per person, per day

Premium $57.82

Select $41.30

Replenish $24.42

The prices went up even higher?!

These are not prices with the 18% gratuity already added. I'm looking at it right now - the small print says 18% will be added on top of these prices. Suffice it to say I clicked "Cancel" and got out that item out of my Cruise Planner shopping cart.

Granted the drinks are way overpriced, and not necessarily the strongest, but exactly how many drinks do they think the average person that buys these packages consumes? These prices are crazy...its as if the entire ship is going to Mini-Bar pricing. Are they trying to get us to drink more from the mini bars in our rooms? Sheesh....

This link says $55 per person per day for the Ultimate Package.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Prices that match this link have been referenced in various threads on this and other forums.

I'm on the April 24th sailing of the Quantum. I'm looking at my Cruise Planner now and the prices are:

Ultimate $64.90 per person, per day

Premium $57.82

Select $41.30

Replenish $24.42

The prices went up even higher?!

These are not prices with the 18% gratuity already added. I'm looking at it right now - the small print says 18% will be added on top of these prices. Suffice it to say I clicked "Cancel" and got out that item out of my Cruise Planner shopping cart.

Granted the drinks are way overpriced, and not necessarily the strongest, but exactly how many drinks do they think the average person that buys these packages consumes? These prices are crazy...its as if the entire ship is going to Mini-Bar pricing. Are they trying to get us to drink more from the mini bars in our rooms? Sheesh....

I think the 18% is added. Do the math. $55. x 18% = 64.90

BTW, my cart still shows $55/day, plus 18% gratuity.

I think you guys are correct. Royal needs to fix their checkout process. They list the prices with the 18% added everywhere in my Cruise Planner, which I suppose is convenient.

But then when you actually select a package to add to the cart, they display this:

"A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again."

So that's why thought it was going to be another 18% on top of THAT.

I think you guys are correct. Royal needs to fix their checkout process. They list the prices with the 18% added everywhere in my Cruise Planner, which I suppose is convenient.

But then when you actually select a package to add to the cart, they display this:

"A 18% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.

Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again."

So that's why thought it was going to be another 18% on top of THAT.

They do need to fix that. They use to add it at checkout but no longer.

This was my bill last week for our upcoming Allure Mediterranean. The Premium Package is $62.72 per day per person.

------------------------

Below you will find a brief description of the items you have reserved.

BEVERAGE PACKAGES

Premium Package

Total Cost*: 878.08 USD

GUEST NAME PRICE CREDIT CARD NUMBER

xxxxxxxxxxxxx 439.04 USD *******

xxxxxxxxxxxxx 439.04 USD *******1