other then beach...ruins? tours?

going2alaska

hi,

Need some good ideas on what a few older travelers with us can do while in Cozumel 9-6pm. A group of us are going to Nachi for the day, but, a few older ones (80's) are not interested in Nachi.

There is a bit of limited mobility. But, are fine with short distances. A tour where they could travel in an air condition van and maybe get out at different stops to see different things in Cozumel would probably be ideal. They like art and history. They where interested in the Ruins, but, the ship excursion to the ruins is 8 hours long and requires too much walking.

If anyone has any ides on a tour company, I would love to hear about it.

The research I have done seems like a lot of tours focus more on the water activities.

thanks!

There is a 4 or 5 hour excursion out there for the ruins that are actually on the island. They are small but it has history. San Gervasio is the name of the ruins. Cozumel is a very small island and mostly for shopping, eating, and the beach.

Try hiring a driver for the day: http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

hi,

Need some good ideas on what a few older travelers with us can do while in Cozumel 9-6pm. A group of us are going to Nachi for the day, but, a few older ones (80's) are not interested in Nachi.

There is a bit of limited mobility. But, are fine with short distances. A tour where they could travel in an air condition van and maybe get out at different stops to see different things in Cozumel would probably be ideal. They like art and history. They where interested in the Ruins, but, the ship excursion to the ruins is 8 hours long and requires too much walking.

If anyone has any ides on a tour company, I would love to hear about it.

The research I have done seems like a lot of tours focus more on the water activities.

thanks!

I would suggest reading the last few pages of the long running thread " hiring a driver for the day" to get an idea of drivers people have used and places they have visited.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545681&highlight=driver&page=69

We have used ToursPlaza many times - very efficient and good communications. They have a website with details of prices for different size groups and suggestions of places to visit. Take a trip round the east side away from the crowds. We took my 90-year old mum on an island tour and she thoroughly enjoyed it. There are small ruins on Cozumel you can visit without having to walk really far, depending on your ability if you just do the main plaza. There is a small museum in town. Tequila tasting venues and a chocolate factory. Glass and feather artists. Just let Eduardo ( the administrator) know what you require and your driver will make suggestions. They do have clean, AC vans or cars for smaller group. The van you need to be able to step into with the help of a step stool and the driver.

There are prices posted at the ports if you just want to pick up a driver on the day but you really need to know where you want to go and the driver may/ may not speak English.