Who makes up these prices

Shogun

gailjen

Thanks I can work out from the details so far.

it is against the rules to trade agents which I try to respect now, so best to be careful.

Shogun

The 9th May Royal Balconies have gone back up.

there are obstructed view ones at £749(DZ forward). rest are now £799

some agents call DD OV.

I am getting a missmatch on availability.

rockdoctor

You will be surprised how often, what we consider good cabin locations, are available for bookings closer to the sail date.
Flexability on date increases the chance.

When princess want for a later booking 1/3-1/2 of the price for a early picking I can take the hit of a non optimum cabin.

Doing some price checks for the Emerald, 8/8 14n, B4 Balcony
(aft sold out)
One issue with princess are the high 3+ rates.

This is a peak school holiday sailing so high prices.

Saying that selling OK by the looks of it.

Base princes UK price for a Balcony is £2200pp 2pax, 3+ £1200

At least one UK TA is doing these at £1600 + £900

US $ balcony pricing starts at over $4000pp

EU € balcony pricing starts at over €2500

Looking at the 9th MAy Round Britain on our short list.
The same TA that is cheaper above wants nearly double Princess prices.

pays to shop around A LOT.
Not all TAs or cruiselines search prices get updated to life pricing which can be misleading

One issue with princess that was spotted a while back is sometime the deals for 3+ pax don't always show on the web site.

I used to have Princess pricing figured out. Now I'm confused. We always booked early and then watched to see if the prices came down. I guess one could still do this, but now the prices seem to jump all around. It appears that any substantial fare decrease occurs after final payment. I may rethink booking early and start waiting until after final payment date.

We booked our upcoming July Baltic cruise in January. Since then Princess has shown three different "sales" for this cruise. Yet, the prices have not changed. In fact, the OBC has gone down and the 3rd and 4th passenger fares have gone up. Yet Princess is showing the current fares as a sale price.

Don't get me wrong, I think we are getting good value for what we are paying. It's just that the way Princess is pricing cruises has really changed in the three years since we last sailed with them. I wonder if we will see more people waiting until after the final payment date to book.

[quote name='insidecabin']Doing some price checks for the Emerald, 8/8 14n, B4 Balcony
(aft sold out)
One issue with princess are the high 3+ rates.

This is a peak school holiday sailing so high prices.

Saying that selling OK by the looks of it.

Base princes UK price for a Balcony is £2200pp 2pax, 3+ £1200

At least one UK TA is doing these at £1600 + £900

US $ balcony pricing starts at over $4000pp

EU € balcony pricing starts at over €2500

Looking at the 9th MAy Round Britain on our short list.
The same TA that is cheaper above wants nearly double Princess prices.

pays to shop around A LOT.
Not all TAs or cruiselines search prices get updated to life pricing which can be misleading

One issue with princess that was spotted a while back is sometime the deals for 3+ pax don't always show on the web site.[/QUOTE]

It's crazy how the prices can be so different, I stumbled across my deal, I put Europe in search instead of what it really is Mediterranean, so always with tinkering with search criteria..

wonder how bosses of Carnival work this conflict out

yours Shogun

-------------------------

They don't.

Each company is separately managed and is responsible for its own profit and loss. I suppose in some ways you could say they compete with each other.

This is the same type of pricing games that Royal Caribbean has been doing since we started sailing them about 5 years ago, and we've seen it on Disney from time to time too. It just seems to be par for the course.

The best I can tell, the lines seem to spend a few years offering better pricing, and good last minute deals to entice new cruisers, build up a base of loyalty and then jack the prices up, counting on that loyalty to carry through. It wears off after 8-10 years and they repeat the cycle.

15 years ago, Princess was the best deal for the money for our family. Then, almost overnight, their 3rd and 4th rates sky rocketed on all sailings (back then our kids were little and this made the difference) and suddenly, for almost a decade, Disney was the better priced cruise for us (and we kept checking around). Disney stayed better for us even after the kids were getting their own cabin until about 5 or 6 years ago when their prices went nutty high and Royal came in with the best prices for the ships/itineraries. Suddenly this year, Princess, which has had insanely high prices in Europe has great deals and Royal is selling even their oldest and smallest ships for top dollar.

[B][QUOTE] [/B]
[B]Just had a great email offer from an online travel agent. Royal Princess 9 May this year - 12 nights round Britain ex Southampton return with a balcony for under £700 per person. Unfortunately DH said 'No'
[/B]
[B][/QUOTE][/B]

The 9th and 21st both dropped to £499 inside, £699pp Balcony

I expect the 2nd June will be next to get offers.

Booking in Germany we paid 1030€ (about 740 pounds) per person (2 to a room) for obstructed balconies on the 12 night Baltic on Regal that leaves in a month.
There are absolutely some good deals to be had. Baltic port fees are so high that the prices rarely dip so low.

[quote name='Shogun']Hi All

Is Princess giving out the wrong message with its pricing policy,

On one hand it sells itself as a Premium Brand all be it a mass market line,

Yet it next cruise prices are just silly, but Princess reps are saying first of the sales start in a few weeks,

So why offer prices that nobody will actually pay, offering 60 % discounts

makes your product, look either over priced or just a marketing scam.

yours Shogun[/QUOTE]

Because ,the truth is that a lot of people just either don't or cant figure out that.....As the late P T Barnmum once said" You will never go broke underestimating people intelligence"