6-nighter on the Liberty??

Littlegoo75

Carnival has changed their image from the party ships from the 80's. they are know now as the funships. College kids today can not book a cruise without someone in the cabin being age 25.- so the "party atmosphere the teens created are not what they used to be.

I think you will be in for a suprise but great time.

thunder_lin,

This will be our first time on Carnival, but from everything I've read, I think they've evolved completely from the 80's party ship! :) We cruised last March break on the Diamond Princess, and it was wonderful. However, looking for a change since most Princess ships are exactly the same on the interior (it was getting old...).

thunder_lin,

This will be our first time on Carnival, but from everything I've read, I think they've evolved completely from the 80's party ship! :) We cruised last March break on the Diamond Princess, and it was wonderful. However, looking for a change since most Princess ships are exactly the same on the interior (it was getting old...).

We are well.. in the same boat too. ;)

First time. We hope to adopt CCL as another choice for our future cruising!

• 3 weeks later...
We're also booked for the 6-night Liberty trip in March (12-18). On Carnival's website, it says all cruises less than 7 nights have only 1 formal night. However, like someone else said, they have not ever done 6 night cruises before, so they may change their minds on this one. I asked the same question awhile back, and one of the regular posters said she saw on Carnival's website where it said the Liberty 6-nighters will have 2 formal nights, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the website. Anyone else seen it there?

Actually Carnival does a few 6 day cruises every year. The Bermuda cruises are always 6 days and the Bahamas cruises out of Norfolk(Victory and Triumph). So they have quite a bit of experience with the 2 formal nights on six day cruises. Here is the info from the Carnival website.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Formal_nights_in_the_Dining_Room.aspx

How many formal nights are there?spacer.gifFor cruises with one formal night, the formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise, with schedules permitting. For cruises with two formal nights, the first formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise; the second formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, with schedules permitting.

1-day cruise: no formal nights

2-day cruise: one formal night

3-day cruise: one formal night

4-day cruise: one formal night

5-day cruise: one formal night

6-day cruise: two formal nights

7-day cruise: two formal nights

8-day cruise: two formal nights

9-day cruise: two formal nights

10-day cruise: two formal nights

11-day cruise: two formal nights

12-day cruise: two formal nights

13-day cruise: two formal nights

14-day cruise: two formal nights

16-day cruise: two formal nights

17-day cruise: two formal nights

We're also booked for the 6-night Liberty trip in March (12-18). On Carnival's website, it says all cruises less than 7 nights have only 1 formal night. However, like someone else said, they have not ever done 6 night cruises before, so they may change their minds on this one. I asked the same question awhile back, and one of the regular posters said she saw on Carnival's website where it said the Liberty 6-nighters will have 2 formal nights, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the website. Anyone else seen it there?

Actually Carnival does a few 6 day cruises every year. The Bermuda cruises are always 6 days and the Bahamas cruises out of Norfolk(Victory and Triumph). So they have quite a bit of experience with the 2 formal nights on six day cruises. Here is the info from the Carnival website.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Formal_nights_in_the_Dining_Room.aspx

How many formal nights are there?spacer.gifFor cruises with one formal night, the formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise, with schedules permitting. For cruises with two formal nights, the first formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening of the cruise; the second formal night is scheduled for the second or third evening prior to the end of the cruise, with schedules permitting.

1-day cruise: no formal nights

2-day cruise: one formal night

3-day cruise: one formal night

4-day cruise: one formal night

5-day cruise: one formal night

6-day cruise: two formal nights

7-day cruise: two formal nights

8-day cruise: two formal nights

9-day cruise: two formal nights

10-day cruise: two formal nights

11-day cruise: two formal nights

12-day cruise: two formal nights

13-day cruise: two formal nights

14-day cruise: two formal nights

16-day cruise: two formal nights

17-day cruise: two formal nights

Thanks AJ- figured 2 nights--althought for the life of me cant see how it will work. Friday people pack- damn if I want to do a formal night on the night i have to pack up. and thurs is a late port day in Cozumel til 11 sigh- guess will have to wait and see.

what otehr ships did 6 nights?>

I asked Carnival this in an email to their website customer service:

On my future sailing (March 26, 2006 Liberty 6 Day West Car) do we have one or two formal nights? Also, we have asked for late seating. Does late seating still have the show AFTER dinner? I had heard from a friend who cruised with Carnival last month that late dinner now has to go to the show BEFORE dinner. If this is the case it would be very disappointing. Thanks in advance for answering these two questions.

They replied with this answer:

Thank you for visiting carnival.com. In regards to your query, there will be one formal night and the show will be after dinner.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Carnival Cruise Lines

This does not mean this is 100% correct, but it was their response.

I asked Carnival this in an email to their website customer service:

On my future sailing (March 26, 2006 Liberty 6 Day West Car) do we have one or two formal nights? Also, we have asked for late seating. Does late seating still have the show AFTER dinner? I had heard from a friend who cruised with Carnival last month that late dinner now has to go to the show BEFORE dinner. If this is the case it would be very disappointing. Thanks in advance for answering these two questions.

They replied with this answer:

Thank you for visiting carnival.com. In regards to your query, there will be one formal night and the show will be after dinner.

If there is anything else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Carnival Cruise Lines

This does not mean this is 100% correct, but it was their response.

I would be leary of trusting anything that is contrary to their own website. The first 6 day Liberty sailing will be the end of next month(11/20/05) so when they get back we will know for sure. The sad thing is you could resend that email or call and get a totally different answer. Just depends on who you ask and if they are answering based on knowledge or just to clear the call or email off their desk.

We're booked on the Liberty for 2/12/06. I also like the idea of sailing on Sunday and returning on Saturday .... you really do need that extra day when you return home. The price was right too, even for our balcony!

Hi Tatka .... good to see you on the boards!

CruiseNut7

Did you check out the group cruise for 2/12. I think the pricing is great. I'm in a balcony on the Empress deck for $795 which includes ports and taxes. If that is a better price you might want to look into switching your booking. We are the Caribbean Cupids. Serene56 is our group leader and very helpful.

Sometimes those carnival people really suck with their information. (I called last week about passports and was told they are still mandatory for our cruise in February.)

Cant wait for those first cruisers to go on the 6 night adventure.

Diane. We also have a roll call for the Liberty 02/12

I am going on the Liberty over the MLK holiday.....I am going single with my daughter....write to me at: phillygirl126@verizon.net Would like to meet if you are going?:)

Hi everyone...it's been awhile since I have posted after being so disappointed from having to cancel my Alaskan cruise due to a flaky friend who decided at that last minute that he couldn't go! And having to cancel my European Liberty cruise due to getting divorced!! I just didn't see the point of going with an ex-spouse!!!

Anyway, I am looking to book another cruise sometime in either January or February, and the one that stuck out the most was the 6 nighter on the Liberty. Has anyone done a 6 nighter before? I would imagine it's more or less the same as a week-long cruise, just w/one less sea day.

I know that the shorter cruises tend to attract more party-goers, which I am cool with, I just want to know what to expect.

I am also wondering if there are 1 or 2 formal nights on a 6-nighter.

It just seems like an awesome cruise...great price, great ports, and a brand spanking new ship.

Anyone booked on this cruise yet? I am thinking that the best time for me to go is over M.L.K. Day week.

We're booked on the Liberty for 2/12/06. I also like the idea of sailing on Sunday and returning on Saturday .... you really do need that extra day when you return home. The price was right too, even for our balcony!

Hi Tatka .... good to see you on the boards!

Hi!!! How are you? Interesting to see that we picked the same itinerary/ship for the second time this year. (Great minds think alike? )

We are giving every line a try.. So this time Carnival, and next year Norwegian. :)

And that's after we decided to take a break from cruising.. I guess we are addicted after all. ;)

Actually we sailed on a 6 day to Bermuda in 2003 on the Legend. To our surprise there were 2 formal nights. We were not prepared for the second. Now we are booked on the Liberty 11/20 and we wanted to know for sure. The Carnival website under FAQ says 2 formal nights but we still weren't sure so we called Carnival. They said 2 formal nights. The first sea day and the night we are in Coxumel (I expect a small showing for that formal night). Based on our Bermuda experience and the info from Carnival we are taking clothes for 2 formal nights. Cindy

They said 2 formal nights. The first sea day and the night we are in Coxumel (I expect a small showing for that formal night). Cindy

So according to this-- Formal night will be Tuesday and Thursday. Thursday which is a late day in Cozumel and I dont see me particiapting in that formal night. Even if we opted for Harrys the dress is still formal. (thinking cap on--lol)

Actually we sailed on a 6 day to Bermuda in 2003 on the Legend. To our surprise there were 2 formal nights. We were not prepared for the second. Now we are booked on the Liberty 11/20 and we wanted to know for sure. The Carnival website under FAQ says 2 formal nights but we still weren't sure so we called Carnival. They said 2 formal nights. The first sea day and the night we are in Coxumel (I expect a small showing for that formal night). Based on our Bermuda experience and the info from Carnival we are taking clothes for 2 formal nights. Cindy

Interesting, I wonder if thats for every 6 day or just for yours, because Thanksgiving is on Thursday. If not, I wont cut my day short to return to the ship.

Since formal night is such a huge moneymaker for the cruiselines, Im surprised they would pick a late night stay in Coz.

Looking forward to your review :)

Interesting, I wonder if thats for every 6 day or just for yours, because Thanksgiving is on Thursday. :)

good eye there. Yes, Thanksgiving will be a special night--so I think your formal night will also be then too.

I am gonna guess that the formal night will be only one and held on Tuesday.

I know I probably wont go on a thursday-- cant imagine rushing back to get ready for dinner on a late port day. I never was in aport til night. I want to see what its like.

Any news yet on show times? Heard from another post that late dinner had to go to the show before dinner? Anyone have any details on Carnivals policy as of say the last month or two?
thats all the ships now. its been that way all year.. late diners go to the early show and early diners go to the late show. Although i am sure that you are done eating by 10pm.

Wow, on our Inspiration cruise early this year, we went to the show after dinner and we had the 8:30 time. I'm not sure I will like going to the show BEFORE dinner. I would have to get dressed way too early for me.

Well, whatever will be will be, I'm still going to have a wonderful time.

Archived