Grand Anse Beach Lazy Days

glscws

Have seen a lot of posts and wanted to share our experience from our stop last week at GRENANDA. We took a cab to Grand Anse beach and specifically asked to be dropped off at the Spice Market which our traveling companion had read is where you go to Lazy Days. When you come through the Spice Market - you'll be hounded pretty good from some other chair vendors, etc. Take a left on the beach and you will see the LAZY Days sign - I highly suggest this is where you go if you are looking a great and comfortable section of the beach. I'm not really sure how this works, but in the Lazy Days area - we were not bothered much as all by the pushy water sport vendors, massage people, etc. when everyone next to us to the right was. The people at Lazy Days are great - VERY friendly, helpful, great quality chairs/umbrellas, etc. They do not "double layer" on the beach so you will always have a beach front spot. The cost is $5/ea. for each chair or umbrella. The setup is typical for Caribbean beaches with bars/restaurants renting the chairs, etc. at their sections of the beach. This is no different but Lazy Days is really not much of a beach bar - however they do have reasonable Carib beers for $2 ea for purchase along with other food and cocktails. In addition, you can use their facilities for free instead on the $1 and in the spice market. Wanted to post as we had a great day at a beautiful beach that was even better based on our location at Lazy Days.

Have seen a lot of posts and wanted to share our experience from our stop last week at GRENANDA. We took a cab to Grand Anse beach and specifically asked to be dropped off at the Spice Market which our traveling companion had read is where you go to Lazy Days. When you come through the Spice Market - you'll be hounded pretty good from some other chair vendors, etc. Take a left on the beach and you will see the LAZY Days sign - I highly suggest this is where you go if you are looking a great and comfortable section of the beach. I'm not really sure how this works, but in the Lazy Days area - we were not bothered much as all by the pushy water sport vendors, massage people, etc. when everyone next to us to the right was. The people at Lazy Days are great - VERY friendly, helpful, great quality chairs/umbrellas, etc. They do not "double layer" on the beach so you will always have a beach front spot. The cost is $5/ea. for each chair or umbrella. The setup is typical for Caribbean beaches with bars/restaurants renting the chairs, etc. at their sections of the beach. This is no different but Lazy Days is really not much of a beach bar - however they do have reasonable Carib beers for $2 ea for purchase along with other food and cocktails. In addition, you can use their facilities for free instead on the $1 and in the spice market. Wanted to post as we had a great day at a beautiful beach that was even better based on our location at Lazy Days.

Great to know this - Thanks! We'll be there in January :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 weeks later...

I just did a post on my blog with pictures about spending the day on Grand Anse Beach using Lazy Days. Jonathan set us up with a chair and umbrella and Mary got our drinks/food, they were fantastic. We took the water taxi over and just kept walking down the beach until we found Lazy Days. You could not ask for nicer people. The other vendors were really pushy trying to get us to rent from them as we walked down the beach. I am glad we found Lazy Days, I wish more vendors would be like them. It is a beautiful beach to spend the day and an easy DIY from the cruise ship.

http://winenchocolate.com/our-day-on-grenada/

Thanks for the reply and great photos on your link!

I'm curious, are there snorkeling vendors along the beach that offer trips to the underwater sculpture garden?

Edited by cricketts