Holiday inn and Suites Seatac

cruisevers

Originally booked Homewood Suites downtown but doing some rethinking.

We are coming in two nights precruise to be able to spend a day with my SIL who lives in Seattle. We come into Seatac at about 8pm, spend the next day with her and leave the next day out of Pier 91.

So, Thinking we can stay at the airport for a lot cheaper since we do not need to be downtown and it will be more convenient for her to drive/park while we visit with her.

Is this an okay hotel?

Also they say they have a shuttle to the port for $10pp. I am guessing this is a shuttle service they partner with. Has anyone used their hotels shuttle to the port? They say it leaves at 9am or 11am, would the 9am be too early or will it make many stops thus taking longer?

I've never stayed there but it looks like an ok hotel. if SeaTac works best for your overall plans, no point in paying downtown rates. I assume your sister lives in the south end if SeaTac is convenient.

The advantage to staying downtown would be the ability to sightsee the next day until 1 or 2pm.

The shuttle service is probably Seattle Express. If you don't like the times, the flat rate cab company charges $35 to pier 91.

Thank you Mapleleaves. We actually changed our reservation to a Hampton near the airport. I remembered my hubby had Hilton points and we were able to use those to book our hotel for free! Free is always good....lol. The airport is fine with us and actually closer for his sister. We have done the touristy stuff on prior trips so downtown would be a waste.

Called Seattle Express direct and will probably book with them, at least for the ride to the port since our hotel is serviced by them.

With an 11:30 am flight back home, I am not sure whether to book with them or a private car. They said they start at 7:30am and leave every 15 minutes, full or not. So they may be fine for our flight time.