Luggage Storage - Auckland

Hi everyone,

We are taking a cruise from Sydney to Auckland in November & when we disembark we are going to Waiheke for a couple days. Please could any Auckland 'natives ' confirm if there is somewhere we can leave our bags for a couple days down-town to save us dragging them with us. I think there is short term at the I-Site locations but maybe there is something in the Britomart Travel Centre which is long term.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi everyone,

We are taking a cruise from Sydney to Auckland in November & when we disembark we are going to Waiheke for a couple days. Please could any Auckland 'natives ' confirm if there is somewhere we can leave our bags for a couple days down-town to save us dragging them with us. I think there is short term at the I-Site locations but maybe there is something in the Britomart Travel Centre which is long term.

Many thanks

Paul

http://www.aucklandnz.com/discover/faqs

Where in Auckland can I store my luggage?

You can store a few pieces of luggage at the Princes Wharf i-SITE Visitor Information Centre during business hours (the latest pick up is at 5pm). There is a small charge for this of $5.00 per bag for up to four hours and $10.00 per bag for a full day. Luggage storage at the i-SITE cannot be booked, and is available on a first in, first served basis. The Princes Wharf i-SITE is located a five-minute walk from the Queens Wharf cruise terminal and two-minute walk from the Princes Wharf cruise arrival terminal. For more information, phone 0800 AUCKLAND (0800 282 552).

i-SITE Visitor Information Centres

Alternatively there are coin-operated luggage lockers at the Britomart Transport Centre situated on Lower Queen Street. The lockers are situated on the train platform level and are available 24 hours a day.

We cruised on Celebrity Solstice in November 2013, Sydney to Auckland. We used the Britomart Transport Centre lockers, which are quite large, very easy to access (see instructions from previous post) In fact, it is only a few minutes walk from the ship itself. As we disembarked at about 7.30-8.00am in Auckland we walked past the I-Site Visitor Information Centre and it was "closed". So, I would recommend going straight to Britomart. I can't quite remember how much it was but we used coins, so take some with you.

Many thanks for your help - I just found this on trip advisor so I presume this is different than the lockers.

If this doesn’t suit the Britomart Travel Centre in nearby Queen St has 24 hr storage at $10 per bag for small bags & $15 for a large one up to 80x40x90cms. This is on the train level & there is a lift & escalator.