Beer Buckets

The beer bag is not used on every ship. I bought mine on Oasis for about $13. The cost to fill it was not cheap on Oasis or Allure. You buy 7 beers for $6 each and get a 8th beer "free". With tip it will cost about $50. This worked out well when we had two couples.

Some ships may still have specials like "buy 5 get one free" and use a plastic bucket, but they change things all the time to generate revenue.

I hope this helps.

Edited by racerxspeedy
typing error

Got the softsider for "free" on Indy last year. It was a buy 5 beers get the bag for free deal. I don't think there was any refill discount offered on that cruise it was just a nice to have.

Not sure how well the beer buckets work with the packages ... probably depends on the bar staff ?

Got the softsider for "free" on Indy last year. It was a buy 5 beers get the bag for free deal. I don't think there was any refill discount offered on that cruise it was just a nice to have.

Not sure how well the beer buckets work with the packages ... probably depends on the bar staff ?

You can only get one drink (or bottle) at a time, per drink package. In other words, if you present the bar server with two SeaPass cards that have drink package stickers, they will usually get you two drinks.

Yes Bob is Correct. Last October aboard Explorer I had the Package. I also wanted some beers for the room so i splurged and bought one bag of beers. The following day i had intentions of re-filling and they would only get me 2. So i went and found my group at the pool. I took all of their sea-pass cards went back to the bar and had my bag filled!! Several times.icon10.gif

Yes Bob is Correct. Last October aboard Explorer I had the Package. I also wanted some beers for the room so i splurged and bought one bag of beers. The following day i had intentions of re-filling and they would only get me 2. So i went and found my group at the pool. I took all of their sea-pass cards went back to the bar and had my bag filled!! Several times.icon10.gif

Great idea!:)

That's a great idea. Did they open all the bottles seeing that it was technically all for different people or did they leave the caps on.

They would open the first one. By that time I had "established a relationship" with one of the bartenders. They knew exactly what I was doing. I make sure they are taken care of and on the flip side they will do the same. Dan

Have to remember that for thanksgiving, traveling with a large group so we should have enough cards to refill the bag regularly :)