Seattle to NCL Cruise Transportation

seemoreroyals

We are taking a round trip NCL Alaskan cruise flying in to Seattle the day of in September. What is the most cost effective way to get to and from cruise ship from Seattle airport? How much time each way? We do not want to miss the cruise but we do not want to fly in the day before either.

I use http://www.eastsideforhire.com every time I need a taxi in Seattle. They are very quick in getting to you. Airport to pier was about 30 minutes and the cost is $29 plus tip. One important thing to remember is, at the airport, they pick you up at the DEPARTURES level.

An extra added bonus is that you can skip the cab line and go directly to the your waiting taxi. When disembarking, there was a huge cab line and we just zipped out and were gone while everyone was fighting over a cab.

I use http://www.eastsideforhire.com every time I need a taxi in Seattle. They are very quick in getting to you. Airport to pier was about 30 minutes and the cost is $29 plus tip. One important thing to remember is, at the airport, they pick you up at the DEPARTURES level.

An extra added bonus is that you can skip the cab line and go directly to the your waiting taxi. When disembarking, there was a huge cab line and we just zipped out and were gone while everyone was fighting over a cab.

Thanks. Did you need to set that up ahead of time or can you wait to contact them after your plane lands?

Thanks. Did you need to set that up ahead of time or can you wait to contact them after your plane lands?

I have never made arrangement beforehand. I call them when I have my baggage in hand. When you call they will ask for a cell phone number. Then the actual cabbie will call you and tell you what his cab number is so you can find him. The one time I called when the baggage was first coming out, my luggage was last, but the driver patiently waited for about 20 minutes and there was no wait fee. Just remember you have to go up a level.

Edited by pizzalady1

If you want the cheapest- which I use ALL the time. Take the lightrail from the airport to Westlake. Come out the Pine St. 3rd Ave exit. turn left walk to Pike Market. There is a big hill, going down, you can bypass this by turning left and going down 2nd or 1st to Pike St. then a right to Pike Market. Take a look at Pike Market. Walk right. From the end of the market- "park" and water on your left", along with a look at the ship. Keep walking with the water on your left. Keep walking to Lenora, turn left, take elevator down to street. Ship is in view. :)

If you want the cheapest- which I use ALL the time. Take the lightrail from the airport to Westlake. Come out the Pine St. 3rd Ave exit. turn left walk to Pike Market. There is a big hill, going down, you can bypass this by turning left and going down 2nd or 1st to Pike St. then a right to Pike Market. Take a look at Pike Market. Walk right. From the end of the market- "park" and water on your left", along with a look at the ship. Keep walking with the water on your left. Keep walking to Lenora, turn left, take elevator down to street. Ship is in view. :)

We love to walk and are physically fit 50 somethings but we will have quite a bit of luggage with us. Could you please provide some more details? I am assuming you get off the light rail at Westlake. How much is it each way and how far do you have to tote your luggage?

We love to walk and are physically fit 50 somethings but we will have quite a bit of luggage with us. Could you please provide some more details? I am assuming you get off the light rail at Westlake. How much is it each way and how far do you have to tote your luggage?

For a one week cruise, pack lighter. :) I have one medium rolling bag, and always gone for more than a week. Last year, I had two 3 week trips and a 4 week trip- still only one bag. :) $3pp fare

For a one week cruise, pack lighter. :) I have one medium rolling bag, and always gone for more than a week. Last year, I had two 3 week trips and a 4 week trip- still only one bag. :) $3pp fare

If you could help me with my wife and her packing I would definitely owe you one. Especially to Alaska. For the two of us she wants to bring 2 large rolling bags, 2 small/medium rolling bags, and an overnight bag.

I like the idea of $3 per person though. How far does that get you from the ship?

When I used to travel to SeaTac for work, I'd take Shuttle Express to the hotel. It's a ride share, and they do appear to offer $22pp Cruise transfers as well. They were always quick, efficient, friendly, and easy to find.

You can find more info at http://shuttleexpress.com/seattle/cruise-transfers/

Thanks owenwamo. Just now seeing this. This may be more in line with what we will do as I just can't see my wife packing for Alaska with one med. sized roll on so we could do the $3 light rail that BQ suggested. Although that $3 fare is enticing.

If you could help me with my wife and her packing I would definitely owe you one. Especially to Alaska. For the two of us she wants to bring 2 large rolling bags, 2 small/medium rolling bags, and an overnight bag.

I like the idea of $3 per person though. How far does that get you from the ship?

Good grief. :) What do you pack? Yikes. Laundry can be your best friend when traveling,to cut down on bulk.

Everyone is different. But with that load of luggage, not recommended to take the light rail.

It's less than a 1/2 mile walk, I'm estimating. But take a look at a map. As I mentioned, the Westlake exit is Pine and Third. NCL terminal is pier 66, just down from the Lenora elevator. Going to the ship, is all downhill. Going down Pine is the benefit of seeing Pike Market, but the steepest. If not important, take Second or Third to Leonora then down to Alaskan Way/Pier 66. With a map in front of you- pretty simple to figure out.

Edited by Budget Queen

Lol yes, your wife needs to pack less. I packed for my husband and myself for 2 weeks in Ireland in one medium roller and a carry on. 😀 Two medium rollers is plenty! Worst case paying for laundry is cheaper than the checked bag fee. Plus there's not a lot of room to store it all.

I also 2nd the light rail. That's what we will be doing to get to the ship. We may or may not cab from Westlake though.

I am fascinated by you light packers. If only I could get my wife to go along I would love to take less and to the light rail and walk the half mile to the cruise ship as long as it was not raining.

We like to hike and are planning on bringing our hiking boots. Do you typically wear on the plane your heaviest stuff such as hiking boots in our case, jackets, etc?? Any and all help appreciated. I am going to try to build a case to talk my wife into it. She is pretty stubborn but our cruise in not until Sept. 5th so I am hoping I can talk her into it between now and then.

I am fascinated by you light packers. If only I could get my wife to go along I would love to take less and to the light rail and walk the half mile to the cruise ship as long as it was not raining.

We like to hike and are planning on bringing our hiking boots. Do you typically wear on the plane your heaviest stuff such as hiking boots in our case, jackets, etc?? Any and all help appreciated. I am going to try to build a case to talk my wife into it. She is pretty stubborn but our cruise in not until Sept. 5th so I am hoping I can talk her into it between now and then.

I never take hiking boots. I've had no issues with my multiple miles of Alaska walking with my comfortable walking shoes. These got me up to Lower Dewey Lake, and Mendenhall East Loop just fine. :)

My jacket is a lined nylon type, that crunches up pretty small. It's all ugly stuff- my "Alaska uniform". :)

Since you have excessive luggage, a taxi is your best option.

There is a taxi line (Yellow Cab)at the airport but you have to walk to the garage. It's about $45 to the pier. Shuttle Express has hourly service

The flat rate company, http://www.eastsideforhire.com is $29. I've always had a reservation. The driver waits off property for my arrival, I call when I have my luggage, he lets me know his cab number, then meets me at the curb in 3-4 minutes.

BQ, I am assuming you are a woman and would be in a position to help me coach my wife in what she needs to pack for our upcoming 7 day cruise. What do you typically pack to wear on a 7 day Alaskan cruise? I am not worried about myself. I am a guy and do not have trouble packing lightly.

BQ, I am assuming you are a woman and would be in a position to help me coach my wife in what she needs to pack for our upcoming 7 day cruise. What do you typically pack to wear on a 7 day Alaskan cruise? I am not worried about myself. I am a guy and do not have trouble packing lightly.

One significant acceptance for basic- light packing - is laundry. :) I don't do any formal nights. And -live in tshirts. I take 2 basic casual shirts, to wear in the dining rooms- IF I go, I usually don't. :) I use a sweatshirt jacket and lightweight lined jacket. I wear one when traveling. Hat and gloves take up little room.

If traveling for a week I would suggest about 60% of the numbers you need for week (need, not want :) :) ) An example 4 shirts/pants, 5 undies/socks. The longer you go, you really don't need more. I'm frequently gone for a month- very rare for me, to just be gone a week. I had a 6 week trip last year- including needing to take my snorkel equipment, still had the single medium rolling bag, with only a small extra duffle.

One significant acceptance for basic- light packing - is laundry. :) I don't do any formal nights. And -live in tshirts. I take 2 basic casual shirts, to wear in the dining rooms- IF I go, I usually don't. :) I use a sweatshirt jacket and lightweight lined jacket. I wear one when traveling. Hat and gloves take up little room.

If traveling for a week I would suggest about 60% of the numbers you need for week (need, not want :) :) ) An example 4 shirts/pants, 5 undies/socks. The longer you go, you really don't need more. I'm frequently gone for a month- very rare for me, to just be gone a week. I had a 6 week trip last year- including needing to take my snorkel equipment, still had the single medium rolling bag, with only a small extra duffle.

Thank you for being so helpful. I am going to get my DW to read this and see if by the time we get to September 5th she is open to it. It definitely makes since to me. And since we are doing NCL no need to worry about formal nights.

I don't think light rail is the best way if you have 2 or 3 suitcases, Westlake to 66 is a ways with luggage even if most of it is down hill, shuttle express sounds like best option if your arrival time allows. Now going to a Seahawks, Sounders or Mariners game that IS the way to go.:)

I don't think light rail is the best way if you have 2 or 3 suitcases, Westlake to 66 is a ways with luggage even if most of it is down hill, shuttle express sounds like best option if your arrival time allows. Now going to a Seahawks, Sounders or Mariners game that IS the way to go.:)

I absolutely agree, I have one medium bag for two. I do not go down Pine either. :) I back track down 2nd or 1st to Pike, enjoy the market, then over to Leonora. Several years ago when I was walking up Pine- an older woman tried to "pay" me to help her up the hill. I gladly gave her an arm and we both made it up. I've never forgotten this. :)

I've seen suggestions on getting from the airport to Pier 66 but nothing on the return trip back. Would East Side for Hire still be the best for the return? Once you are docked you could call them for pick up...I'm assuming? Thanks

I've seen suggestions on getting from the airport to Pier 66 but nothing on the return trip back. Would East Side for Hire still be the best for the return? Once you are docked you could call them for pick up...I'm assuming? Thanks

Bumped back to top for possible answers - Our cruise gets in at 8 am and my flight out of Seattle is a little after 1 pm. Just seeing if others had an issue with this timeline. Thanks

Bumped back to top for possible answers - Our cruise gets in at 8 am and my flight out of Seattle is a little after 1 pm. Just seeing if others had an issue with this timeline. Thanks

1pm is very safe.

Typically it's a 1/2 hr drive between SeaTac and downtown, but give it an hour in case of city events, road construction, and the usual congestion. You should also be at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure .... SeaTac is very busy in the summer esp on cruise days when thousands of cruise passengers are told to be at the airport at noon or later.

As for how to get to the airport .... Seattle Express is $12pp. The flat rate taxi company charges $29 for 2 in a prius. Other taxi vendors must follow the $40 max fare rule for downtown to SeaTac.

At SeaTac you can use any of the 4-5 TSA lines, not just the line closest to your Gate, so if one line is long, look at the others.

ALSO, shuttles drop pax off at the south end of the terminal near TSA #1 so that line can be very line due to herd mentality.

If this was my trip, I'd reserve a car with http://www.eastsideforhire.com for 10am.