Splendor Spa cabin

Surrealistic

Other than the Spa use, location and better bath samples, not much. Personally we like the spa use for showers, steamrooms, sauna and T-Pool and I do like the location. We were in 1114 last year and liked the location to the Lido deck. Didn't really notice anymore motion, but the seas were pretty smooth. If you don't plan on using the spa facilities, I wouldn't spend the extra.

Because of the location there is little to no foot traffic (your neighbors and that's it) - the decor is more subdued as well. Before all cabins became nonsmoking they were also designated as nonsmoking so no one ever has smoked in the cabin.

We were in a spa balcony cabin twice on Splendor & found no additional movement.

Loved the spa enough to book another on the Magic! :p

Because they are higher cabins you will fell ship movement a little more but not by much. I loved how quiet the cabins are in that area. Our seas were also calm so beat that in mind. Towels are also nicer too in addition to the other comments.

Definitely try it if you can. The tiled loungers feel fantastic in the different steam rooms. I've had spa access twice on the Splendor with one of those times by having a spa cabin. I also had a spa cabin on the Magic. Love it so much that I changed our Family Harbor Deluxe Oceanview for 4 on the Vista to two inside cabins, so that I could have one spa cabin and a reg interior for our kids. The robes are also different, you get slippers, priority spa appts, and different colored beach towels. Kind of feels like a n exclusive club.

Edited by maritaysa

The steam rooms / saunas are my favorite part of the Cloud 9 Spa. The different rooms have different temperatures & scents, so it's more than just a plain sauna. That & the T-pool, for me, are the only real benefits to the Cloud 9 Spa rooms, although that is plenty enough to make it worth it. The different decor, different color towels, tiny samples of hygiene products, & the gigantic slippers don't do much for me.

I don't subscribe to the mindset of "Once you get one, you'll never go back". Just like with balconies, a Spa room is nice, but it's so easy to go back to a cheap interior & no Spa the next time. If I had unlimited funds, then I wouldn't be able to go back. But limited funds help to solve that problem.

Edited by k2excursion

• 2 weeks later...

We have upgraded on our next ship (Splendor) to a Cloud 9 Spa room, we know we will enjoy the pool and possibly every other aspect of the Spa amenities. We especially want the peace & quiet about the few cabins on the Panorama Deck.

Lester

Booked: Splendor March 2016

Conquest February 2015

Fascination May 2014

Valor March 2014

Triumph June 2010

Fantasy July 2008

Sensation October 2007

Valor April 2007

Sensation July 2005

Spirit June 2003

Inspiration September 2001

Enchanted Isle 4 times between 1999 & 1995

30437-profile.png

Edited by lesandliz

Another feature of the spa cabins is that if you're on the highest deck of cabins (Spa deck on Splendor), there's no roof over your balcony. Great if you like the sun. Kind of a mixed bag if it rains...

And one other thing: if you're going to book a more expensive regular balcony - say one on Lido deck - and want to use the spa a lot, book the spa balcony instead. You'll wind up spending less total $ than the cost of that Lido deck balcony + the cost of a week's spa pass.

I had a spa balcony on my last Breeze cruise and have one next month on Splendor - really looking forward to it.

The steam rooms / saunas are my favorite part of the Cloud 9 Spa. The different rooms have different temperatures & scents, so it's more than just a plain sauna. That & the T-pool, for me, are the only real benefits to the Cloud 9 Spa rooms, although that is plenty enough to make it worth it. The different decor, different color towels, tiny samples of hygiene products, & the gigantic slippers don't do much for me.

I don't subscribe to the mindset of "Once you get one, you'll never go back". Just like with balconies, a Spa room is nice, but it's so easy to go back to a cheap interior & no Spa the next time. If I had unlimited funds, then I wouldn't be able to go back. But limited funds help to solve that problem.

One can (and we do) book spa access the day of embarkation. You do not need to be booked into a spa cabin, but these access passes are limited, to how many I have no idea. Our spa balcony and spa interior on the Dream were our worst of 15 cabins for noise issues. Deck 11 is extremely high and I don't know why balconies are even popular that high up, people on the ground look like mice (almost!). A good portion of our deck floor could feel reverberations from the dropping of free weights at that time- not sure if they have remedied that by now as much as I post it. We spoke to both neighbors and those in interiors across the hall from us. In the quad interior, the issue was only on one night when the bow must have been headed in such a way as to allow loud crashing from below. It was very loud 11 decks up for several hours thru that first or second night. We also won't do those quad interiors again because they are truly some of the smallest cabins at sea, especially for 4, even if they are small kids. On a positive note, that quad was our best value ever. LOVE Cloud 9, but the regular saunas and steam rooms on older ships are acceptable, just sometimes very crowded.

I had a spa balcony on my last Breeze cruise and have one next month on Splendor - really looking forward to it.

Gordon, what cabin are you in? I have booked 1032 for Dec and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise.

As for 'Never going back' My first cruise was with a balcony cabin. I dont know if I could do without now.

Good thing I don't get to cruise often

Besides proximity to the spa & use of the Thalassotherapy pool, are there any other perks to a spa cabin on the Splendor? Also, they are placed forward & high up, so is there a lot of motion? TIA.

We are about to board (5 days) the Breeze and we have booked a cloud 9 room for the 3rd time now. I bought a single day pass on the Dream several years ago and was hooked. I knew my husband would like it too but wouldn't want to purchase the pass for the week. When it is included in your room, all the better. Being close to the spa makes it much easier to use than to be clear at the other end of the ship. We love the quiet halls. We had issue last year on the Dream because some of the spa rooms were unfortunately placed below the gym... At first we thought it would not be an issue because the gym closes at 10, but they allow the staff to use it after 10 until midnight... GRRR! It was horrible. Carnival compensated us well for our inconvenience. I have checked and double checked, that problem was solved on the Breeze. I have not heard that it was an issue on the Splendor. One word of caution, when you book in the spa, you will be hooked... no going back to a regular room when the cloud 9 rooms are available...

This is interesting about never going back. We could care less about balconies and spa cabins. We have been booking quads (OVs, never interiors due to bunk configurations) and buying a spa package or hanging out on the public decks. Our next cruise is on the Legend- Spirit class- and we booked another 4k, the interior with inside opening french doors and obstructed views, just for some air. Same/similar price as an interior with the OV quad configuration. We have been in regular suites, deluxe scenic OVs, balconies, even an owner's suite, but regular OVs are just fine and save us enough moolah to buy another cruise when you figure four of us into the total. I don't get hanging out in my luxury cabin when I'm on vacation, unless I am celebrating and maybe having people over, then a suite might be in order. And I agree, for those that cruise less frequently, a nicer cabin may be well-deserved, but not at all a requirement.

Because of the location there is little to no foot traffic (your neighbors and that's it) - the decor is more subdued as well. Before all cabins became nonsmoking they were also designated as nonsmoking so no one ever has smoked in the cabin.

We were in a spa balcony cabin twice on Splendor & found no additional movement.

Loved the spa enough to book another on the Magic! :p

Absolutely agree. we stayed in a Spa Suite on 11 and it was the quietest hallway we have ever experienced on a Carnival cruise.

Edited by jimbo5544

This is interesting about never going back. We could care less about balconies and spa cabins. We have been booking quads (OVs, never interiors due to bunk configurations) and buying a spa package or hanging out on the public decks. Our next cruise is on the Legend- Spirit class- and we booked another 4k, the interior with inside opening french doors and obstructed views, just for some air. Same/similar price as an interior with the OV quad configuration. We have been in regular suites, deluxe scenic OVs, balconies, even an owner's suite, but regular OVs are just fine and save us enough moolah to buy another cruise when you figure four of us into the total. I don't get hanging out in my luxury cabin when I'm on vacation, unless I am celebrating and maybe having people over, then a suite mighty oils be in order. And I agree, for those that cruise less frequently, a nicer cabin may be well-deserved, but not at all a requirement.

I don't book balconies. I book interior. We've never paid more yo upgrade to the interior spa cabin than we would for the duo pass. It puts us closer and it's more convenient to use the amenities. That way it's a double bonus.

If you get a Spa balcony on Splendor Id make sure its on the panorama deck and not the spa deck. The balcony rooms on the spa deck are not covered, which allows people to look and see you from the deck above.

Here is a pic I took last Saturday of them.

IMG_2319_zpsy2lpcvpv.jpg

Does anyone know the cost if you book a spa package on board the first day. When I called to see about upgrading to a spa balcony, it was going to be @ $600 more. Nope, not an option.

I would be the one indulging in the spa, not the hubby as much.

If you get a Spa balcony on Splendor Id make sure its on the panorama deck and not the spa deck. The balcony rooms on the spa deck are not covered, which allows people to look and see you from the deck above.

[/url]

Thank you for the pic and I am booked on Panorama.

Gordon, what cabin are you in? I have booked 1032 for Dec and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the cabin.

Enjoy your cruise.

As for 'Never going back' My first cruise was with a balcony cabin. I dont know if I could do without now.

Good thing I don't get to cruise often

I'm in 1115, will let you know.

Cabin 12024 on Breeze was wonderful.

I don't always book balconies. If I'm going solo, a PT is a great value or even a 1A with portholes, but there aren't very many of them.

Besides proximity to the spa & use of the Thalassotherapy pool, are there any other perks to a spa cabin on the Splendor? Also, they are placed forward & high up, so is there a lot of motion? TIA.

The T pool is wonderful if you have any aches and pains. Helps with arthritis.