OBC question

P&O SUE

I've just done a dummy booking for 2016 cruises online and put in my Pensinsular club numbers to get a true quote. I can see by the price my 5% discount has come off but there's no mention of any OBC. Don't I get anything at all? I have chosen the free car parking as my select benefit but I would have thought there would be some. How are people always saying they have loads to spend??

Ok thanks for the reply. All I got for this year's cruise is the £50 for booking onboard and now nothing for this one! Just don't understand how people are always saying they have so much to spend!

I check prices online but do the actual booking direct, which is when I get the OBC. For October 2016 we have £95 pp. I could probably have got more booking on board (in three weeks time) but decided to go for it !

I think if you want OBS you wait to book, still at select fare prices, if and when they are doing a deal.

Its not something you get all the time for every cruise.

We have been lucky for the past 2 cruises, just by booking at the "right" time.

When is the right time..no one knows until it is advertised..

I understand there are double OBC promotions at times but I'm still slightly put out that the quote I've just done doesn't give me any! perhaps it comes up after you've done the whole process? I just stopped short of the paying bit...

I think I'm going to wait a bit before booking as we are cruising in June - might be worth buying the future cruise credits - who knows?!

And don't forget to buy your 100 Carnival shares which give you OBC, a dividend and hopefully some capital gains. I hope some of you took advice to buy just after the C Concordia mishap when they were trading at around 21 pounds. Now nearer 34 pounds so they look a sound investment now, but remember they can go back down too. Anyway for anyone cruising regularly with any Carnival company it is a bit of a no brainer.

I've just done a dummy booking for 2016 cruises online and put in my Pensinsular club numbers to get a true quote. I can see by the price my 5% discount has come off but there's no mention of any OBC. Don't I get anything at all? I have chosen the free car parking as my select benefit but I would have thought there would be some. How are people always saying they have loads to spend??

We got the free parking (28 days) and £100 each obc. Booked through TA and got 5% off price as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And don't forget to buy your 100 Carnival shares which give you OBC, a dividend and hopefully some capital gains. I hope some of you took advice to buy just after the C Concordia mishap when they were trading at around 21 pounds. Now nearer 34 pounds so they look a sound investment now, but remember they can go back down too. Anyway for anyone cruising regularly with any Carnival company it is a bit of a no brainer.

Whats the easy way to purchase these shares if your not with a broker Simon ?

Whats the easy way to purchase these shares if your not with a broker Simon ?

We purchased ours online with Aquinti (?) I think. We do not have a broker. OH signed in-we have a few other shares-found Carnival, purchased them. As has been said if you cruise with P and O on a regular basis it is worth it...Maybe need to let them drop a bit though before purchasing, don't want to buy when they are high.

I think if we sell any of our shares using the above it costs £15 a transaction,so nothing too painful.

We purchased ours online with Aquinti (?) I think. We do not have a broker. OH signed in-we have a few other shares-found Carnival, purchased them. As has been said if you cruise with P and O on a regular basis it is worth it...Maybe need to let them drop a bit though before purchasing, don't want to buy when they are high.

I think if we sell any of our shares using the above it costs £15 a transaction,so nothing too painful.

The English Lady, thank you for the quick reply, very helpful.

Regards

Martyn

It's possible too to purchase shares through the share dealing arm of the Halifax Bank online - I just investigated the link from my Internet banking page. I guess other banks offer the same facility.

Edited by kruzseeka

We bought the Carnival Shares when they were just over £10 - what a steal that was - and as you say almost £34 now!!!!! :):)