Does RCCL have baked alaska on the menu?

We had Baked Alaska on the NOS in January. I must admit that I wasn't that impressed- it was served sliced and it was very tasteless- white cake, vanilla ice cream, mereinge.

We liked the cheries jubilee better- even though it wasn't flamed it was very yummy.

I must admit- I am a big dessert fan, but I was a little dissapointed with many of them. Many of them were very gelatinous instead of creamy (panna cotta, creme brulee, etc.). They were still good, especially considering how many they have to make, but so many people had said how great they were on CC that my expectations were high. Don't get me wrong, we still though that overall the food was excellent and many of the desserts were good....it wasn't like I gave up eating them or anything (especially the night we tried 3 of them:D )

Cheers,

I had Baked Alaska on the Grandeur a few weeks ago. I was disappointed that it is no longer served with a sparkler. But it was also served as a slice rather than a mound. So, its presentation wasn't what I thought it would be but it was tasty. I've only been on one other cruise (1984 on Carnival) and they did the Baked Alaska/Sparkler thing on there. But when I was little, we used to order it at a restaurant in Atlantic City and it always came with a sparkler and was served as a mound rather than a slice.

Archived