Liberty Of The Seas Bar Service

I was on the Liberty last week and felt bar service took longer than previous cruises. We had the Royal Replenish package for one and two soda packages. Most times I went to get a drink there were only two servers behind the bar (sometimes three). They worked very hard. I only saw servers walking around by the pool in the solarium a few times and once in the main pool area - it was uncommon. It would help if they installed the soda machines. I am not a fan of them, but they would help to reduce the traffic flow to the bars. Bars not on the pool deck weren't crowded, but not all take the soda and RR packages.

Sitting right no to the left of the pool bar, 3 bartenders there, looking up at the sky bar which so has 3 bartenders. The solarium bar is also open and staffed with 2 bartenders. No lack of service on this ship for sure, pool is already packed and it's only 10:22am.

Have you seen the rolling drink carts out? I think they had 2 out at times!

Liberty is such a marval and big! Looks like I might be on her sister Indy in November. Have a fabulous cruise!

We weren't planning to get a package for our August cruise on Liberty, as we don't drink a lot and are getting a bottle of wine + $300 OBC from our TA, which I figured would likely cover us. Maybe we'll see how much we drink on day 1 and then decide.

I tried this approach on one RCI sailing last year. One word of caution. When I went to buy the package on day 2 they were still going to charge me full price (daily rate x 7 days) even though I had already paid for drinks on day 1. They would not credit the purchases already made. I believe that is so people can't buy packages only for the last few days (possibly only sea days). I was trying to buy at the customer service desk, so have to believe they knew the proper protocol. I decided not to buy the package in that case, but by the end of the cruise, was thinking maybe I should have anyway. On our next sailing, I bought the package as soon as I got on board. I have heard stories of other people buying a package part way through the cruise, so maybe those are just stories, or maybe RCI have adjusted their business process.

Any others experience this? :)

They have two stationary portable bars out, and I see two rolling bars up along the top deck area. Also I can count 5 roving waiters just as I sit here. The pool is chaos, packed with people. More to come!!!

I tried this approach on one RCI sailing last year. One word of caution. When I went to buy the package on day 2 they were still going to charge me full price (daily rate x 7 days) even though I had already paid for drinks on day 1. They would not credit the purchases already made. I believe that is so people can't buy packages only for the last few days (possibly only sea days). I was trying to buy at the customer service desk, so have to believe they knew the proper protocol. I decided not to buy the package in that case, but by the end of the cruise, was thinking maybe I should have anyway. On our next sailing, I bought the package as soon as I got on board. I have heard stories of other people buying a package part way through the cruise, so maybe those are just stories, or maybe RCI have adjusted their business process.

Any others experience this? :)

Must be new, or just for the individual ship. We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago and you would just pay for the days that you used it for.

I love the Liberty! Had the Ultimate Package when I was on in December -- agree with the OP -- had great bar service; poolside service the whole week. Except in the Pub and the first night in the Diamond Lounge. Service didn't improve much over the week in the Pub, but service in the DL greatly did. In fairness, the first night she was on her own and it was crowded; after that there were 2 or 3 servers working inside the lounge.

So they have these set up on both port and starboard side. Also they using the BBQ's on the pool deck to make amaaaaazing ribs. Just had them and wow are they good!!!! Cheers!!!

image_2.jpg

I do believe that is Nelson there behind the bar.

Hey SkyKing, if you don't mind, the next time you pass by the Hoof & Claw Pub, say Hi to Juxhin (Eugene in english) from Albania. Tell him Dennis from 2 weeks ago says hi. He makes an excellent Old Fashioned and other classic drinks if you are into those.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourselves. We did too.

Thanks

dp

PS... Nice toe ring

Edited by dpostman

I do believe that is Nelson there behind the bar.

Hey SkyKing, if you don't mind, the next time you pass by the Hoof & Claw Pub, say Hi to Juxhin (Eugene in english) from Albania. Tell him Dennis from 2 weeks ago says hi. He makes an excellent Old Fashioned and other classic drinks if you are into those.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourselves. We did too.

Thanks

dp

PS... Nice toe ring

Will do:) and you made me look at the pic:) those are my wife's toes!!!!

So they have these set up on both port and starboard side. Also they using the BBQ's on the pool deck to make amaaaaazing ribs. Just had them and wow are they good!!!! Cheers!!!

image_2.jpg

The $6 beers Deal is not a deal at all $35.99 x 18% =$42.46/6 beers is $7.08

Regular Beer Price is $6.00 x 18% = $7.08. No difference in Price You just get the Bag for Free.

So glad to run across this thread. My friend and her husband are on their first cruise with you right now! I loved the Liberty and suggested it for them. Looks like great weather and a fun time! I'm so happy for them :D

Lisa

Nashville, TN

Gooooood morning goooood morning goooood morning. We are approaching the international pier in Cozumel Mexico. We had a great evening onboard, dinner at chops was amazing, but the service was a little slow last night. Tables that got there after us were getting their food, but oh well we had a great dinner. The night club was boooooming late last night, stayed out until 2am or so, but up early this morning. Brilliance is docking right in front of us, it's gonna be a great day at Nochi Cocom. One thing I just noticed is they DONT serve Starbucks coffee on this ship, not sure if they ever did or not, but it's some Italian coffee.

image_3.jpg

Edited by skyking

Coffee is most probably Illy. It is quite common to see it around here. We were also docked next to Brilliance 2 weeks ago.

If you can, be sure go out on the docking side of the boat when it is time for the late passengers to hop on when the ships are waiting for them. It was quite the spectical, very funny, it was worth the price of the cruise rignt there. One late passenger decided that he was too tired to run anylonger just when he was right in front of Brilliance so the Captain decided to urge him on with the ships horn, he just about pissed himself and started running again. There must have been over a thousand people on the balconies of Brilliance and Liberty simultaneously start to cheer and applause. It was hilarious.

This is definately an event that I am going to put on our calendar on our next cruise.

dp

Coffee is most probably Illy. It is quite common to see it around here. We were also docked next to Brilliance 2 weeks ago.

If you can, be sure go out on the docking side of the boat when it is time for the late passengers to hop on when the ships are waiting for them. It was quite the spectical, very funny, it was worth the price of the cruise rignt there. One late passenger decided that he was too tired to run anylonger just when he was right in front of Brilliance so the Captain decided to urge him on with the ships horn, he just about pissed himself and started running again. There must have been over a thousand people on the balconies of Brilliance and Liberty simultaneously start to cheer and applause. It was hilarious.

This is definately an event that I am going to put on our calendar on our next cruise.

dp

Same thing happened a couple weeks ago as well, but it was interesting that Liberty was late leaving due to the Cat coming back from Cancun and it had 100's of Liberty passenger's on it and no heckling at that point!

We were at least 40 minutes late getting out of Belize as well!

Sky King hope you had a great day at Nachi CoCom luv the champagne chicken!

Sitting right no to the left of the pool bar, 3 bartenders there, looking up at the sky bar which so has 3 bartenders. The solarium bar is also open and staffed with 2 bartenders. No lack of service on this ship for sure, pool is already packed and it's only 10:22am.

Hi,

I've read many posts regarding the beverage increases and was wondering what the most current price for the Foster's Oil can is?? some say $5ish others say around $8ish. Are there any drinks under $8 besides some beers?

Thanks!!!

Heather (sailing in 18 days !!!!)

Hi,

I've read many posts regarding the beverage increases and was wondering what the most current price for the Foster's Oil can is?? some say $5ish others say around $8ish. Are there any drinks under $8 besides some beers?

Thanks!!!

Heather (sailing in 18 days !!!!)

We found no cocktails under $8 on Liberty last month, except for one drink of the day.