Hanging out at hotels for the day?

pugsbest

We are planning our activities for our cruise next year. We are planning on renting a car on a couple of the islands (Moorea, Rarotonga and maybe Bors Bora). I thought it might be fun to spend a couple hours hanging out and snorkeling at one of the better hotels. Does anyone have suggestions on which ones have the best snorkeling and if they will let non-guests use their facilities (lounges, bar/meal service, etc.)? Also any "must see places?"

Thanks!

we spent the day at the Sofitel on Moorea on our first trip down and had a wonderful time snorkeling and lounging around on the beach. You can snorkel at the Sheraton on Moorea, but they will not allow you to use any of thier facilities while you are there.

I thought so, especially for snorkeling from shore. no shrks but I saw a large octopus and a monster of a hermit crab. fish were plentiful. and the beach was beautiful! the Sofitel is right next to a public beach. we paid 5pp for use of chairs when we were there, if you don't want to do that you can just walk next door for free.

Archived