Another code queries re suites sorry

uktog

I have tried to search but I am not finding anything, my apologies now if this has been covered elsewhere.

We have now received an invoice showing the code SQ7PRBEVINCGRAT and a sum debited and then credited to our account (so the net effect of that code is zero.

Now my simplistic interpretation is that this is showing an included beverage and gratuities package which may or may not be the case as there have been changes on this booking over the months.

However

* we are still showing an additional service charge on our booking

* we are in a suite at the level where a premium package is included.

So as I booked direct, before I contact Celebrity next week (am tied up otherwise until then) do you think my interpretation of the code is correct. Also I do recall a thread but cannot find it where there was discussion about those with premium packages being included in their suites being given OBC instead on this perk but did anyone actually succeed?

Thanks

We have got multiple beverage package codes [none quite the same as yours] on our cruise booked in a higher-end suite with the 123 Go promotion. Ours had to be applied manually by the UK office and do not match those applied in the US. Another of our cruises in the same category booked without the 123 Go promotion, the premium beverage package is added on with a fee and then removed with a promotional code.

I think, from what you posted, your premium beverage package is OK. However, if you received the gratuities under a 123 Go promotion, the gratuity should be added on and then subtracted with another code. If this has not happened and the last change was made some time ago, you should contact Celebrity UK asap because it can take a long time to get it sorted out and I see you are sailing in May. Our latest issue took 10 1/2 weeks to resolve .

Edited by Project_gal

I had a similar situation occur… I had certain codes listed with credits one day, but they would change the next. And after a week, they still weren't correct according the the package I booked. I ended up calling Celebrity. It took three phone calls before it was actually fixed. My advice: call. It's a pain, but it's the quickest way to get it worked out.

First, I personally wouldn't bother calling. As long as you have a record of what you booked under, the Michael's Club Concierge will be able to sort it all out once you book. I would however recommend transferring the booking to a good TA, get additional OBC and let them sort out these issues. While we have had our share of challenges with OBC from TAs (and always correct before cruise end), Celebrity has always gotten it "right" with all different codes.

Second, I have tried to impress upon "the powers that be" how the current (onboard at least) 1,2,3 All Inclusive package incentives their highest level suite guests the less than other guests as 1 of the three perks is basically useless and should be replaced with at least a small token additional OBC. I've asked this question of a few corporate level contacts who have been very handy in solving serious problems efficiently and can say this is one time where the answer has been consistent and clear. No additional or added perks when you already have a beverage package due to suite perk and you get a classic package free. Maybe it is true for Zeniths but I highly doubt it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

First, I personally wouldn't bother calling. As long as you have a record of what you booked under, the Michael's Club Concierge will be able to sort it all out once you book. I would however recommend transferring the booking to a good TA, get additional OBC and let them sort out these issues. While we have had our share of challenges with OBC from TAs (and always correct before cruise end), Celebrity has always gotten it "right" with all different codes.

Second, I have tried to impress upon "the powers that be" how the current (onboard at least) 1,2,3 All Inclusive package incentives their highest level suite guests the less than other guests as 1 of the three perks is basically useless and should be replaced with at least a small token additional OBC. I've asked this question of a few corporate level contacts who have been very handy in solving serious problems efficiently and can say this is one time where the answer has been consistent and clear. No additional or added perks when you already have a beverage package due to suite perk and you get a classic package free. Maybe it is true for Zeniths but I highly doubt it.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

uktog is from the UK. UK TAs do not resemble those across the Pond. Celebrity UK has definitely gone downhill over the past year. Anyone who has booked through a TA here is just likely to have even more difficulties resolving issues. First they have to convince the TA that the reservation is incorrect and then insure that the TA convinces Celebrity.

Thanks. I see today we have an invoice with more codes on it! One is showing the premium package for sure. I will try and ring next week, but I'm heading back to China so time is a little scarce.

Thanks for the input re no incentives for suites Jenna , I kind of guessed that but thought I woukd check

I have tried to search but I am not finding anything, my apologies now if this has been covered elsewhere.

We have now received an invoice showing the code SQ7PRBEVINCGRAT and a sum debited and then credited to our account (so the net effect of that code is zero.

Now my simplistic interpretation is that this is showing an included beverage and gratuities package which may or may not be the case as there have been changes on this booking over the months.

However

* we are still showing an additional service charge on our booking

* we are in a suite at the level where a premium package is included.

So as I booked direct, before I contact Celebrity next week (am tied up otherwise until then) do you think my interpretation of the code is correct. Also I do recall a thread but cannot find it where there was discussion about those with premium packages being included in their suites being given OBC instead on this perk but did anyone actually succeed?

Thanks

I just checked most of my invoices and mine show similar codes with a charge being cancelled out. I noticed them at the start but I reckoned that this was just them recording the 123 benefits and crediting out the cost.

Gordon