Choice Air

KiRiMi

I tried to post this yesterday but it disappeared. Not sure if I posted it in the wrong forum or what might have happened to it.

Can anyone provide their recent experience using Choice Air to book flights to Europe? We are booked on the Silhouette for a Baltic cruise in July. They are quoting a slightly lower fare than booking directly through Delta. I have read posts regarding using Choice Air and it seems that some love it and others not so much.

My main concern is whether we will earn miles on Delta and having our flights change from what we book.

Thanks for your input and advice.

I tried to post this yesterday but it disappeared. Not sure if I posted it in the wrong forum or what might have happened to it.

Can anyone provide their recent experience using Choice Air to book flights to Europe? We are booked on the Silhouette for a Baltic cruise in July. They are quoting a slightly lower fare than booking directly through Delta. I have read posts regarding using Choice Air and it seems that some love it and others not so much.

My main concern is whether we will earn miles on Delta and having our flights change from what we book.

Thanks for your input and advice.

Your post is still right here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197617

I have used them a few times for European cruises and no problems. Once you book you deal with airline. I also used Delta. Difference is that you will not get double points if you use a Delta charge card. You will earn mileage points from flying.

We booked Choice Air for our T/A and they were much cheaper than Delta and we got to pick our carrier and we choose Delta for the miles. The return flight from Barcelona was a third better than Delta's website price.

J.

We booked with Choice Air into Rome this fall and saved about $400.00 each ticket. We are also on a Delta flight. I had some Delta miles and wanted to upgrade the tickets, But the Choice Air ticket class is X which cannot be upgraded with points. We were able to upgrade to Economy comfort for $99.00per ticket each way. The Economy comfort is a little more room and included free drinks and a premium entertainment package and a few other small items. Once you finish booking with Choice Air you will then deal direct with Delta. If you want to upgrade with points and the fare is close go direct with Delta.

We are doing the Baltic on the Silhouette on May 28. We required JFK or Newark to Stockholm and Amsterdam back to JFK or Newark. While choice air had excellent prices for a one stop flight into Stockholm returning non- stop from Amsterdam, they did not offer a round trip non- stop both ways in their inventory. Perhaps it was that the price was expensive both on Orbitz and United, but, even when the price went down to $1150 RT, Choice Air still did not offer the flight.

We really wanted to use Choice Air as we had a great non- flight experience with them last year. When I booked my JFK to London with them for the Baltic on Eclipse, they found me a refundable airfare that was exceptionally reasonable. I mean, who worries about a refund when you have trip insurance? Unfortunately, we had to cancel 2 days prior to the trip. Choice Air sent me a refund check directly within one week. Told me there was no need to make a claim with my insurance.