Carnival Journeys???

jamona2311

Does anyone know if Carnival will be extending is Journeys cruises into the 2017 season?

Finacially my husband has put me on house arrest from cruises till 2017. I would really love to do the Journeys Southern Carribean route, but I dont see anything yet.

I dont want to choose Celebrity for this type of cruise, Id much rather do carnival.....:(

Since they are a new concept, I think they need to see how things go. There is a huge amount of thought putting them together from port arrangements, cancelling regular cruises, rebooking cruises and many things we don't even know about. I hope to be on one, as I remember things like the Grand Buffets and full dress up nights with the Captain. People have changed the flavor with some aspects. Personally I dislike hearing the "it's my vacation" and shorts or dungarees are okay in the DR.

I really hope these unique cruises do well and Carnival continues them. Everything from the throwback activities, unique ports, bringing on special entertainment and local cuisine sounds just about perfect if they execute it well.

As soon as DH confirms he can get the time off, we are going to book the 10 night Carnival Journey cruise on Sunshine out of Charleston. It looks amazing!!

I don't think we will know about the Journeys cruises for 2017 till after Carnival see whether or not they are a success.

I am booked on 2 of them! Can't wait!!!:D:D

We booked our Sunshine 13 day cruise Dec last year and booked it at the cheapest rate because the rates continue to go up since this cruise is selling very well. Already the Suites are gone & the majority of balconies remaining are the Spa Balconies with the regular balconies almost gone.

Don't know about the other Journey voyages but this one is very popular. Hopefully the Carnival Journey cruises will sell very good so Carnival will continue with these longer excellent itineraries.

I think they may have a big winner here. To early to tell, but it's certainly creating a buzz which is the best advertising money doesn't have to buy. We'll learn a lot in the next year or so. But I think they've stumbled upon a winner.

Since they are a new concept, I think they need to see how things go. There is a huge amount of thought putting them together from port arrangements, cancelling regular cruises, rebooking cruises and many things we don't even know about. I hope to be on one, as I remember things like the Grand Buffets and full dress up nights with the Captain. People have changed the flavor with some aspects. Personally I dislike hearing the "it's my vacation" and shorts or dungarees are okay in the DR.

The " It's my vacation and I'll do whatever I want" is the most selfish thing I see on here. It's the epitome of the " me, me, me generation"

We are booked on B2B Journeys cruises on the Pride. The first one no longer has 4K rooms available and when I checked regular balconies only balconies on the 5th floor were available. Some might open up later if TA have some reserved that don't sell and the rooms revert back to Carnival. Bonaire, an unusual port for Carnival is on this one. I just got a $50 price drop and $50 OBC for the second one so I would guess it is not selling as well. We have been to all of the ports on that cruise. I think the key to successful cruises may be to have 1-2 unusual port stops in the itinerary. I hope they continue to have more longer cruises.

We had already booked the Halloween cruise on Glory to try out the longer (14 day) cruise with several 'new to us' ports. Then it was announced as one of the Journeys. DH says there are no premium or aft balconies left and not many balconies at all. We have a modest roll call of about 100 on that other site. It appears many cruisers are platinum and diamond. We are really looking forward to the midnight gala buffet we enjoyed many years ago on Festivale, and the opportunity to dress up for elegant nights.

Just got to figure out how to pack!:eek:

The only bad thing is many of the long cruises use split ports. Airfare can be a killer on these.

not for us, we use southwest airlines:)

one of the reasons I likely will book a 'journeys' sailing is I would likely get a a $150 - $120 pp price break on the return flight since it's out of Florida

• 5 months later...
The only bad thing is many of the long cruises use split ports. Airfare can be a killer on these.

My husband and I are booked on the Sunshine 11 day Journey's cruise beginning on November 11, 2015. I am so excited!

Our airfare from San Juan back to St Louis is actually cheaper than our flight from St Louis to Orlando!

Booked for the Dream out of San Juan Jan14, while the airfare did at first scare me I waited and booked with some incredible cheap fares! Much cheaper then booking from the same airport, plus we get two different ports for the same cruise! So looking forward to it, hopefully this will turn out as nice as it sounds on paper and in seeing that the first Journeys cruise sailed this Sunday with the Dream, will have to see what the reviews are like.....:D

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

We booked a Carnival Journey for January 2017. It leaves Baltimore and ends in Tampa. We live in Clearwater Fl, so it is very convenient. The Port of calls are some we have never visited. There is also another Journey cruise advertised for April

We are booked on the Journey's cruise on the Vista out of New York on Nov 16 2016 and it must be selling well as my 8f balcony category is sold out and the lowest balcony category is $300 more than what I paid for my 8f.:eek:

I was "playing around" on CCL website, not expecting to even book a cruise when I saw a pack and play offer on Pride RT from Baltimore which is a little less than 4 hour drive for us. It's a 14 night Journeys cruise with a WHOLE BUNCH of AWESOME ports of call. And not ONE stop in PC, Nassau or Freeport. :cool: For a grand total of $75/pp. Yes, less than $6/night/pp. :eek::DMy question: besides the longer cruise and interesting ports of call, is there something ELSE they do different on Journey's cruises? Does anyone know how many formal nights there are?

I was "playing around" on CCL website, not expecting to even book a cruise when I saw a pack and play offer on Pride RT from Baltimore which is a little less than 4 hour drive for us. It's a 14 night Journeys cruise with a WHOLE BUNCH of AWESOME ports of call. And not ONE stop in PC, Nassau or Freeport. :cool: For a grand total of $75/pp. Yes, less than $6/night/pp. :eek::DMy question: besides the longer cruise and interesting ports of call, is there something ELSE they do different on Journey's cruises? Does anyone know how many formal nights there are?

Can't find this anywhere or you sure it is the right price? What date???

Can't find this anywhere or you sure it is the right price? What date???

3/13/16-3/27/16. It's not showing up anymore. It was just for interior cabins which I HATE, but for that price I'd sleep on the deck and do the ship's laundry! I just happened to be at the "right place at the right time" and snatched it up. Last night there were 10 cabins available, this morning 2, and now there are NONE for that price. :(