Anyone else see the problem?

triptolemus

No one has commented on the ship leaving Victoria before it even arrives?

Arrives 6PM Sat Sept 26th, Leaves 12AM Sat Sept 26th.

I can't wait to get on her... The Pearl, evidently, is scheduled to do amazing things... What does it take to get from Ketch to Vic in 13 hours? 60 knots? Hold onto your hats...gonna be a fantastic trip! Who knew that the Pearl was a friggin' time machine!

Edited by triptolemus

I can't wait to get on her... The Pearl, evidently, is scheduled to do amazing things... What does it take to get from Ketch to Vic in 13 hours? 60 knots? Hold onto your hats...gonna be a fantastic trip! Who knew that the Pearl was a friggin' time machine!

Where's Dr. Who when you need him. ;)

Who knows what the Pearl can do with a good push. When we were running from Hurricane Sandy on the Jewel the Captain said we ended up doing a relative 40 kts, thanks to the hurricane force winds pushing us from behind.

Who knows what the Pearl can do with a good push. When we were running from Hurricane Sandy on the Jewel the Captain said we ended up doing a relative 40 kts, thanks to the hurricane force winds pushing us from behind.

That's awesome. Remember though, you're either doing 40 knots or you're not. I know what you mean but ... Relative to what? The ship is pushing ass @ 40 knt!

I'd love to see the Jewel break waves at that speed. Hurricane Sandy notwithstanding....

I know we have an engineer here who can explain it better than either of us... Cheers, snowrose... Your username shares a common thread with my last name. :)

That's awesome. Remember though, you're either doing 40 knots or you're not. I know what you mean but ... Relative to what? The ship is pushing ass @ 40 knt! I'd love to see the Jewel break waves at that speed. Hurricane Sandy notwithstanding....

I know we have an engineer here who can explain it better than either of us..

We expect, look forward & can't wait to read your fully detailed trip reporting with photos - let us know how fast the Pearl will be doing to make those distances & ports. We can't brag about our speed record of only 25 knots on the GEM.

Heading out of NY on the Sunday after Sandy, Captain briefed us at sailway and then blasted our way into/thru the Noreaster hugging the coast heading southbound. Pier 90 was on emergency generator, and it was one of the roughest 12 to 15 hours in our cruise history - since at times, we're rocking & rolling in 25' to 30' waves with gale force cross-wind.

We did Alaska back in 2008 and the final stretch was a slow one - those engines are typically rated at 22 knots and fuel burn would be quite a challenge even if they can go turbo ... Victoria's Chinatown is the oldest ??? and the smallest in North America, driving thru - don't blink or else you would've missed it.

I swear to god your post assumes my head is in the sand. Does anyone have a sense of humor anymore?

With the continued trashing of NCL, by the same group of people, who can tell when someone might be implying humor? Also, some in this select group plead humor when they get called on their personal attacks.

Clearly opinions vary, but go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Yes, between small screen and autocorrect, my clerical errors are abundant. Better that I subscribe to the adage about glasshouses and stones.

It was a joke. I was tying together an obvious typo, with a kudo to a very funny picture.

I prefer the adage about the medicinal values of laughter.

Stephen