Carnival Sensation to take over Carnvial Victory sails out of Miami

esdoorn

Unfortunately, that is true. But, even though it is a smaller ship, It's a lot more intimate. There's less people and the atmosphere is nice too. I personally love the fantasy-class vessels because they have such a unique look and they, IMHO, have nothing wrong with them. But look on the brightside!

First, you still get to go to the same ports.

Second, you get a better water slide(s)

Third, you get to experience what Carnival was like back in the 90s (PARTY)

Fourth, AMAZING Serenity area, right on the aft, so you can look out on the ship's wake

Fifth, you will be on a smaller boat so you will discover how to navigate better

etc.

Thanks for the tips!!!

This is our very first cruise, so we have no expectations going in! We just want to enjoy ourselves whether it be on ship or when we are in port.

After suffering the horrible food at the all-inclusive resorts in Cuba, we figure this will be an upgrade!

For our troubles, they gave us each a $100 OBC.

Edited by esdoorn

Thanks for the tips!!!

This is our very first cruise, so we have no expectations going in! We just want to enjoy ourselves whether it be on ship or when we are in port.

After suffering the horrible food at the all-inclusive resorts in Cuba, we figure this will be an upgrade!

For our troubles, they gave us each a $100 OBC.

2 more tips. She's quite PURPLE! I like her intimacy, you learn your way around fast and you see the same people more than once!

2 more tips. She's quite PURPLE! I like her intimacy, you learn your way around fast and you see the same people more than once!

Thanks for the tips!

Purple happens to be my wife's favourite colour.

The Sensation is a great ship. Would much rather sail her than the Victory. Been on her twice. Purple is my favorite color too. I get a kick out of the psychedelic design on that ship!

Great waterworks on her for kids and kids at heart. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

The Sensation is a great ship. Would much rather sail her than the Victory. Been on her twice. Purple is my favorite color too. I get a kick out of the psychedelic design on that ship!

Great waterworks on her for kids and kids at heart. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Thanks!!

After having suffered at a 3 star Cuba all-inclusive, anything is an upgrade! :)

I would assume it will be when the Victory changes ports some time in the fall.

That sucks. I tried calling carnival and they couldn't/wouldn't give me an answer the only thing the rep told me was if it does change my cruise I should get an email sometime but she doesn't know how far in advance I would get one. I just want to know what ship I will be on. Either way it's good sensation or Victory.

as for the op, we have enjoyed the sensation ( only ship we have been on but we liked it enough to try it coming on 3 times). Yes it's purple-y but the staff are nice, the serenity deck is beautiful with it's view of the openness of the ocean and it's small enough not to get completely lost. We love the porthole rooms on the empress deck E7 is our favourite cause there is a ledge big enough to sit or even sleep on if one is short.

You say this Fall sometime? Does anyone know a specific month, date? We will be on that cruise the week of Thanksgiving and in a way hoping it will be the Sensation. Taking the grandkids and they would love the water activities.

Thank You!!

It was my travel agent that called me and advised me of the change and wanted to make sure I was ok with it.

I said as long as we get a room with a balcony (which we had already booked) that I was fine with the change. He said that for our trouble, Carnival will give each of us a $100 OBC. So I said go for it!

It was my travel agent that called me and advised me of the change and wanted to make sure I was ok with it.

I said as long as we get a room with a balcony (which we had already booked) that I was fine with the change. He said that for our trouble, Carnival will give each of us a $100 OBC. So I said go for it!

So jealous! That was one thing the rep did at least say was any changes carnival will do reimbursement or smoothing things over in forms of obc or upgrades which is kinda another reason I wouldn't mind having to switch ships. The rep also said if someone wasn't happy with it the ship and decided to cancel they would give them credit towards a future cruise.

I hope you enjoy your obc and the sensation!

I think Tapi was referring to the color "purple". She might get purpled out:eek:

My wife said that would be impossible, in fact, she found a new purple drink called 'Dark Matter' that she wants to have the bartender make for her when we are on board. :)

I remember the Sensation vividly, even though my cruise on her was back in 2000. I loved it, and I loved the purple and all the color. In fact, I love color and have really loved many of Carnival's Farcus decors, and just like some other ships. ( know that I am in the minority).

OP, I think that you and your wife will be fine with the Sensation, especially if you like the color purple:D I like it a lot, and I love green and pink too among other colors.

I am booked on the Victory in October this year and am looking forward to all the green:D The many bad reviews are not putting me off it. If Carnival does swap out Sensation for my cruise, I will be a bit disappointed, mostly because I was looking forward to a ship that I have not been on yet (and some green, and seahorses). Since I have already booked a flight down there, I will just go with the change, and look forward to a return to my first Carnival ship, and some purple instead:)

I wish you and your wife a wonderful cruise on the Sensation!

We were booked on the Victory for 2/25/16 and are now on the Sensation, but we were not offered any OBC!! I'm about to call my TA. They are probably sick of me b/c I've been calling since the announcement was made to make sure they are fixing our room, etc. I knew they were changing ships before the agency did.

We were booked on the Victory for 2/25/16 and are now on the Sensation, but we were not offered any OBC!! I'm about to call my TA. They are probably sick of me b/c I've been calling since the announcement was made to make sure they are fixing our room, etc. I knew they were changing ships before the agency did.

I hope you get your OBC. It was something my travel agent said they were giving us, I never asked for it or asked for a price reduction either.

We knew that we would be changing ships ahead of time, I actually phoned my agent and said I heard that the victory was going to be changing ports and my cruise didn't show up anymore. He said to leave it with him and he called me two days later to let me know of the change and ask if I was ok with it. I said as long as we get a balcony room like we had paid for, we were good to go. That's when he said great and by the way, you each get a $100 OBC for your trouble. We are booked through Air Canada Vacations for the trip, so not sure if it something they do or if it was carnival.

We were also switched from the Victory to the Sensation. The Sensation was our very first cruise (Dec. of 1999). Looking forward to it.

esdoorn - When is your cruise in March of 2016? Ours leaves on March 14.

Will miss you by two weeks. Our cruise is March 28, 2016.

We leave on our first cruise on November 28. I'm assuming this will not be on the Victory then.

You should contact your travel agent and find out. Also see if they are providing you with an OBC because of the change.