NCL Dawn Suite 12500 Question

We are booked for Jan 2016 on the Dawn. My family is composed of my husband and myself with four sons 23,20,17 and 12. We are currently booked in the 2 bedroom family suite but thinking of upgrading to the deluxe owner suite 12500 is available. I would move because I like the idea of the 2 older sons in the 2nd bedroom with a double bed and no one sleeping above them in a pull down. Putting 2 in the living room in a pullout double. The room has more room overall. Please extra alcohol is nice and sparkling water.

These my concerns:

1. Conflicting information if that room has a second bathroom

2. Can people walk in the outside and see into your room. The room is all glass. My husband would have a fit.

3. How much will I miss the balcony.

4. Does that room have its own temperature control?

Any input would be a great help.

Edited by 15yearsandwaiting

We have had this room twice with 4 adults, and we LOVE it. I'll answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1. There are two full bathrooms. The second bedroom has its own full bath (no tub, just shower).

2. The glass is one way; they cannot see into the suite. Also, there is no walkway out there on that level that I recall.

3. You will miss the balcony; we did a lot. We decided to quit sailing in that room for that reason. You are close to the pool area so it isn't far to go, but I really missed early morning coffee on the balcony.

4. That room does have its own temperature control. It is a very comfortable and well-designed room; lack of balcony is the big negative.

Hope this helps!

I posted some info a few seconds ago in dinkydees thread. There is a catwalk in the front and we did have a worker (on the Star) walk past one day.

The glass is tinted but at certain angles/sun you probably can see in a bit.

we were in the room next door - the one that sleeps only 4 and there were 3 temp controls - one in bedroom, living room, bathroom. Depends what route you go on if you like it cold as some report room not staying cool if drapes are fully open in warm climates.

We were recently in 12500 on the Star. We did have window washers out there one day. Maybe for 20 minutes. It's a lot of glass. And crew walked by once or twice. But certainly there won't be passengers out there.

We were recently in 12500 on the Star. We did have window washers out there one day. Maybe for 20 minutes. It's a lot of glass. And crew walked by once or twice. But certainly there won't be passengers out there.

Yeah, probably best to close the drapes if there are going to be any afternoon delights.

We loved that suite, but I think you may feel crowded with 6 people. We had 3 adults and a child and I couldn't imagine squeezing a few more bodies in there...especially without an outdoor space to escape to.

We were in this suite a couple of years ago and loved it. There is an area outside the windows for crew only. I don't think any passengers can walk past it. We had 4 adults and 2 teenagers and never had a problem with space. You can even get a rollaway if the 2 don't want to share the pull out. We had one and brought it into the living room and night and stored it in the bedroom during the day. There are 2 bathrooms as others have said; 1 with shower only and 1 with tub and shower. We did not miss the balcony at all. The view was so spectacular that it was worth it to us not to have the balcony. You are so close to the outside decks that walking outside and grabbing a seat took a minute.

Have cruised in this group of suites in the past and have two more booked now.

At least three or more thermostats for individual control. Close to 700 sq ft of room, a lot. No one outside to look in except a possible maintenance person (we've never had one). Two full bathrooms.

We never miss the balcony, a few steps and we're outside if we want. The wall of windows is amazing.