Juneau Whale watching. 2-1/2 or 3-1/2-4 hour tour

UFLaw

We have booked a whale watching tour with Rum Runner in Juneau and have a choice between 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 to 4 hour tour. They are happy to drop us off at the glacier at the end of the tour.

Our cruise ship is in port from 7 am to 1:30 pm.

So the debate is if we do the longer tour we will only have 45 minutes on the glacier before we have to leave for the ship. So longer tour with more time doing whale sightings or an extra 1-1/2 hours on the glacier and less time whale watching.

I should mention that we have three children at 11, 11 and 10. And before you ask yes we are crazy. [emoji3]

I would not consider the short whale watch since TIME, is how you see the whales and their behaviors.

What are the actual times of the tours? Who are you being transferred back to the ship with?

This port time really doesn't allow for two "tours".

Are you willing to take some cabs? Likely your tour is 9am? Would be a better use of time to go to Mendenhall Glacier prior to a whale watch in that case. For clairfication- your post has "on" in it. No option for getting on the glacier with your current ideas.

Sorry. The tour is from 730 to either 10 or 1130. From your statements I think we would be better off spending extra time on the whale watching tour. However any additional advice is welcome from anyone.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Sorry. The tour is from 730 to either 10 or 1130. From your statements I think we would be better off spending extra time on the whale watching tour. However any additional advice is welcome from anyone.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Agree. If its raining heavily, as it was when we were in Juneau, you will have plenty of time at Mendenhall.