Shuttle Service in Tampa-Veterans limo

runner2013

Hi all,

Just got back from a cruise in Tampa and wanted to comment on the shuttle service my hotel used. The hotel itself was fabulous but the shuttle company, Veterans Limo, was horrible.

This is what happened to me::

I called the hotel when I landed in Tampa and they called the shuttle service to come and get me.

After several more phone calls and waiting an hour someone finally showed up. The driver was very apologetic, saying it was the owners lack of management/communication which causes a lot of their issues. I just let it go, I was on vacation so no big deal.

The next morning when the front desk called them again to bring me to the port for my cruise, the driver was under the impression I was going to the airport, and since everyone else on the bus WAS going there I had to go along for the ride. Again no big deal, I left very early for the port so I knew I had time to spare. After leaving the airport he says we are on our way. Well he gets a phone call and then informs me there's a change of plans and we have to go back to one of the hotels to pick up other passengers going to the port. Again, no problem still had lots of time .

Now we get to the hotel, he separates everyone into two groups. Those going on Vision of the Seas and those going on Brilliance of the Seas. He decides to take the Vision group(probably because there were more of them meaning more in tips) and tells me I had to get off since I was a Brilliance person. He drives away and we all get into our bus and head to the port with a much more organized driver. We finally make it there much to everyone's relief and begin our days in the sun.

When the cruise ended since I had a voucher for the shuttle I called to let them know I was there and it took another hour for them to show up. (Thankfully I was staying an extra night at the hotel before flying home so time was not an issue). Now I've just given up any hope of this being a smooth ride so I settled in for a mystery ride . Half way there he tells me we are picking up folks at a nearby hotel for the airport. Thankfully he takes me to the hotel first and along the way asks if I need them the following day for the trip to the airport. I quickly refused saying I already had alternate means of transportation.

When I mentioned what happened to the front desk associate while checking in she quickly acknowledged they weren't the most reliable service in town. Makes me think I'm not the first person to have issues with them and probably won't be the last.

I'm not the type to bad mouth any business for any reason, I understand things happen and sometimes you need to just go with the flow, but had I been on a strict time schedule I'm not sure I would have made it.

Has anyone else had issues with this company, and can you recommend another, more reliable shuttle service for future use? I definitely won't be calling them again.

Thanks in advance.:p

Ouch! :(

I guess the shuttles were part of some sort of package deal. We've cruised Tampa a few times and rely primarily on taxis (one time deal with Chase Suites Rocky Point). Taxis in Tampa are ALWAYS available, go where you want, and are reasonably priced.