$3.99 Jet Bag for Alcohol

Today I came across the "Jet Bag" while shopping at The Container Store. It cost $3.99/bag. I looked online and found this to be the cheapest price. Amazon had them for $8-$10 each and Bed Bath & Beyond sells them for $11/bag. So, $3.99 seems like a good deal. If you aren't familiar with these they are wine bottle sized padded bags filled with cotton type material that is capable of soaking up 750mL of liquid in the event that your bottle breaks in your suitcase. It seals on the top like a ziploc bag, so it's reusable (as long as nothing breaks in it).

I've never used them, but I've read about them and they sound handy. I plan to buy my wine at Costco, packing it in my suitcase and then using the empty bags for rum purchased in ports.

image.jpg.bb56b9f9d6e31ecad54d5f6ef739fa1c.jpg

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I was afraid those bags wouldn't give me enough padding since I had soft side luggage so I wrapped my Tortuga rum from Grand Cayman in the big bubble wrap, put each bottle in a 2 gallon zip lock bag and then put each one in the middle of an e-bag packing cube surrounded by clothes. Phew, all three bottles got home without getting broken! :)

I was afraid those bags wouldn't give me enough padding since I had soft side luggage so I wrapped my Tortuga rum from Grand Cayman in the big bubble wrap, put each bottle in a 2 gallon zip lock bag and then put each one in the middle of an e-bag packing cube surrounded by clothes. Phew, all three bottles got home without getting broken! :)

Haha! That's another way to do it 😀. I've brought rum home

Wrapped in nothing but clothes and was thankful it made it, so I figured I'd try these; mostly to buy my wine cheaper at home to bring on the ship rather than hope I can hunt something down I like once I get there.