Last minute solo rates

Look for the website that has a 90 day ticker. We are not supposed to promote certain travel sites but this site has served me well.

Find the ticker(list) and look for the single supplement listing. I often look on the regular list and sometimes the prices are so good it wouldn't hurt quite so much to pay the supplement.

Happy travels

4boysnana

Well, that was a depressing link....every trip a 200% supplement[emoji19]

They do go lower - I've seen it as low as 110% for Oasis. I guess you just have to keep an eye on it and grab a good deal when it comes up. Plus, 200% of the G,G,G price may well be less than the fare people paid in double cabins who booked outside the sale.

If there is, I can't find it!

At the moment, the Legend of the Seas August sailings are being sold with 150% solo supplement but I cannot find anyone advertising the fact.

Pete.

Pete,

Are you talking about something in addtition to the BOGOHO promo? That is the only 150% supplement that I have found!

Edited by Laney219

The Legend sailing on August 26th 2015 starts at $899 p.p. For a solo the fare is $1347 plus taxes.

Pete

Yea it is just the BOGOHO promo. You will find that on all sailings except Quantum and Anthem. It is a good deal for solo travelers. Sometimes.

Last year I got $1080 price for a 10 trip on Grandeur. Now that was for a November sailing within a month of the sail date. It was also for a "large" inside. I also got a decent solo rate on Quantum in January. Booked a solo guarantee balcony within a week of the sail date. It was still a high price but since I was in a regular size balcony cabin I was ok with it. So for me, the best deals have been somewhat last minute.

Yea it is just the BOGOHO promo. You will find that on all sailings except Quantum and Anthem. It is a good deal for solo travelers. Sometimes.

Not a bogoho promotion. Our Navigator cruise next April is $1600 solo or $1700 for 2. Difference in price is $120 taxes.

Currently the Quantum May transatlantic has 150% solo supplement on a D2

Most times I put 1 traveller the prices go way up.

Pete

Edited by SadmanCruiser

Not a bogoho promotion. Our Navigator cruise next April is $1600 solo or $1700 for 2. Difference in price is $120 taxes.

Currently the Quantum May transatlantic has 150% solo supplement on a D2

Most times I put 1 traveller the prices go way up.

Pete

That I what I meant regarding the BOGOHO promotion w/ solo travelers. You pay 1/2 of the second still.

So the August sailing you mentioned earlier is (for sake of this discussion round numbers) $1000pp or $1500pp for 2 travelers, but a solo rate is $1250?

Last year I got $1080 price for a 10 trip on Grandeur. Now that was for a November sailing within a month of the sail date. It was also for a "large" inside. I also got a decent solo rate on Quantum in January. Booked a solo guarantee balcony within a week of the sail date. It was still a high price but since I was in a regular size balcony cabin I was ok with it. So for me, the best deals have been somewhat last minute.

Did you get 2 points per night since you were in a regular room or just 1 since you booked a solo guarantee?

That I what I meant regarding the BOGOHO promotion w/ solo travelers. You pay 1/2 of the second still.

So the August sailing you mentioned earlier is (for sake of this discussion round numbers) $1000pp or $1500pp for 2 travelers, but a solo rate is $1250?

Royal's current pricing is hard to understand. I am watching two cruises:

Legend Aug 26th 2 pax $1200 = $2400 - $600 total $1800 plus taxes

Solo is $1800 - $350 total $1350 plus taxes

Splendor Aug 22nd 2 pax $1400 = $2800 - $700 total $2100 plus taxes

Solo is $2800 - £700 total $2100 plus taxes

As the base fare for the Legend is only $1800 it has a 150% solo supplement. The promotion shows as 'single specials'

Pete

I didn't know that existed. Thanks. :)

and one for Celebrity

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I think I have said before , both those links are not that accurate,

often the deals start earlier and end later than the tues/wed on the list.

Edited by insidecabin

Is there an advantage with RCCL to forming a relationship with a personal cruise consultant? I have this arrangement with NCL, and so far, I feel like I've been very lucky! Right now, he's looking for last minute solo rates for me...

Edited by mrobstad