My mom wants to do Costa Rica. Any cruises in June?

dcsam

My 79 year old mother and I take an annual trip. She wants to go to Costa Rica, but I don't think I'd like a land tour. Cruising gives us both some 'space' that I don't know we'd have on a tour. Are there any cruiselines that do Costa Rica in June or July? Any other suggestions on how we could 'do Costa Rica' and still have some time to myself?

By the way, we did the Norwegian Coastal Voyage in August and had a WONDERFUl time! I highly recommend it.

Thanks much!

Carolin

The only suggestion might be to leave from Costa Rica.. Spend a few days there so your mother can enjoy it and then cruise from there. Cruse West cruiseline offers cruises from Costa Rica. But not in June. June is one of the rainy season months. however starting in November, you should be able to cruise.

Costa Rica is a beautiful place with many different microclimates. You can stay in the mountains or at the beaches. My first time in Costa Rica, I did NOT want to get back on the ship!!!! That says a lot for someone who loves cruising......

Just a side note.....My mother passed away last year...and you have no idea how much I wish I could take her with me whether it be on a cruise, or a land vacation. Enjoy your mom's company while you can.;)

Carolin -

The 10 day Coral Princess Panama Canal cruises stop in Limon, Costa Rica (6:30 am to 6:30 pm), along with stops in Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and the Panama Canal. These cruises are from October through April; May through September the ship is in Alaska.

I know other cruiselines also stop in Costa Rica but I don't believe you'll find any going there in June or July.

By the way we hired a private guide (Charlie Soto) for our day in Costa Rica which includes a boat ride on the Tortuguero canal to see the rainforest and the wildlife, a stop at a banana plantation, a cocoa plantation, a bamboo factory, an animal rescue center, along with a stop for lunch at a beach. The Costa Rica board has a lot of good information. :)

Dee

Archived