Work on Allure has begun it appears

got it. Makes sense. I was about to shut down website since I saw someone posted that she wasn't leaving until 10:30. Then I saw her pulling out. Glad I took one last look. I would have been upset if I missed her last sail away from FLL until November. Going to miss seeing her sailing out of FLL. Glad I can still catch Oasis.

Does anyone else feel it is wrong to close a signature venue on the T/A before drydock?

We weren't happy about the CL closed for the whole TA in Oct. and then have it open the day we got off.

We didn't expect the impact we had of construction on the TA after Dry Dock, so absolutely no surprise here, that they are doing it before Dry Dock!

We were booked on this cruise too, but a medical situation made us cancel it. Now maybe it was an OK thing, certainly Not the medical issue though!!! That would be 2 TA in a row with construction and closures etc.

Just off the Allure today. What you saw as "tarps" on the secret balconies were, in fact, wooden partitions erected to contain construction. The Viking CL was also closed on our cruise this past week, which was a disappointment not to be able to utilize that space. I always enjoy viewing sailaway and coming into ports from there. The captain indicated that they started early because the Oasis took longer than scheduled to get the work done, so they started early on Allure so that it would be done at the same time as drydock finished. I can also report that the Allure still had the propulsion problem the caused us to arrive late to St Thomas. The captain indicated that this wouldn't hamper the crossing, but that part of the repairs in drydock were to fix this issue. They also reported that all of the carpet would be replaced ship-wide. They also talked about moving Izumi (also already started), the modifications to make the Viking CL into a new suite lounge. There were also conversations about Diamond and Concierge lounge, but I didn't pay much attention to that since I am not Diamond.

The basic message that the captain relayed is that Allure always follows Oasis in terms of modifications and that they learn lessons from Oasis and apply them to Allure.