What specialty restaurant would you like to see NCL add?

bangzoom6877

Let's have a little fun! What specialty restaurant(s) would you love NCL to add to their ships? It could be a specific cuisine, or something created by a celebrity chef, or anything else you'd like to see. I'll go first!

Belgian..think pots of mussels, Belgian beer, waffles for dessert!

German...think sauerbraten, various schnitzels, German sausages, apple strudel, German beer!

Greek...think moussaka, souvlaki, spinach pie, baklava, Greek wine and Ouzo!

Your turn...what would you like to see? :)

Would love to see a German restaurant, can taste that Schnitzel already...

Be nice to be able to get a Corn beef and or Pastrami sandwich on board as well, so a "DELI"...Matzoh ball soup anybody...???

"Freshen" Le Bistro and Cagney's to what they once were...Can remember what the food tasted like in Le Bistro from years ago, not what they serve today or last Dec...

For whatever its worth, thanks for the opp to offer my thoughts...Is all good...With the exception of the food in the MDR anyway...

That's a good question but hard to answer. How about an international restaurant that changes cuisine each night?

Saturday: Indian.

Sunday: Mexican.

Monday: German.

Tuesday: American BBQ.

Wednesday: Thai.

Thursday: Asian

Friday: British pub grub.

:D

Would love to see a German restaurant, can taste that Schnitzel already...

Be nice to be able to get a Corn beef and or Pastrami sandwich on board as well, so a "DELI"...Matzoh ball soup anybody...???

"Freshen" Le Bistro and Cagney's to what they once were...Can remember what the food tasted like in Le Bistro from years ago, not what they serve today or last Dec...

For whatever its worth, thanks for the opp to offer my thoughts...Is all good...With the exception of the food in the MDR anyway...

Yes, a real Jewish deli would be nice. Add Knishes to that list of foods too!

I remember Le Bistro back in 2002 the first time DH and I ate there. They had foix gras as an available topping for the filet mignon...it was the first time we ate that and it was amazing! I wish they would bring back some of the old menu items too.

Mexican! I miss the one they used to have.

I miss the Mexican too. We ate at Salsas on the Dawn in 2004. It was complimentary back then, as was the Italian restaurant. Salsas had delicious food, and their spicy foods were actually spicy...a pleasant surprise for DH since usually when they indicate spicy on a menu, it's a medium spicy and not a really hot spicy.

I've never eaten in the Asian restaurants on NCL, so I'm not sure if any of them offer Thai dishes, but I'll add Thai to the cuisines I'd like to see. It's not my favorite but DH loves it.

That's a good question but hard to answer. How about an international restaurant that changes cuisine each night?

Saturday: Indian.

Sunday: Mexican.

Monday: German.

Tuesday: American BBQ.

Wednesday: Thai.

Thursday: Asian

Friday: British pub grub.

:D

I love this idea! I remember in the old days of cruising (early 1990s for me), RCCL had a different nationality in the dining room just about every night. The exceptions to this were the Welcome Aboard dinner the first night, and the Captain's Gala the second to last night. Other themes were French, Italian, Asian (although they called it Oriental), Caribbean, and American night which was the last night of the cruise. I believe french was the first formal night and Captain's Gala was definitely the second formal night. I loved having a different cuisine every night in the MDR, even back then as a teenager! I tried foods I didn't know I would like but fell in love with, like escargots at age 13!!! I wish I could get a hold of those old menus just to reminisce. :)

Edited by bangzoom6877

Korean BBQ- possibly my fave if slightly niche cuisine! I've only had it served to me cooked, but some places you get your own hot plate on the table and lots of different things to cook yourself on it . Or sometimes you get very thinly sliced meats which cook in a bowl of hot broth as its served. Mmmm I can taste that delicious bulgogi now!

I'd also very much enjoy the German or Thai :) Or a Thai/Vietnamese!

You can not get "fois gras" at Le Bistro anymore, never heard of any French restaurant that didn't serve it...Way past time for Le Bistro to get back to what its supposed to be about...Fine dining...Not slow service with an old stale menu that can't even live up to its own reputation...

Time for NCL to really "refresh" all their specialty restaurants and not allow them to become "diluted" because of the UDP...

A Jewish deli, a Korean bbq place along with a German Rest would be great, plenty of fast food in the buffet if that's what you want...

As far as the MDR is concerned I would love to see (maybe even taste) something that was not as flavorless as we've found it to be and not so boring and predictable...Then there was the terrible service...

Time for some tweaks here and there when it comes to the food and the quality of...

Not sure but it seems to me that NCL is in the midst of change, not sure if it will be for the better or the worse...

Appreciate finding a place to "chat" about these things...:cool:

To the pp who mentioned foie gras. It is a wonderful dish, and superb on vacation, but when I lived in France there weren't many restaurants that served it. It's a specialty dish, and given the flack the royals have been given over it (they won't consume) and that it just recently became legal again in California, I can understand why NCL doesn't serve it. Plus, the ingredient price is very high, and given that there's always food waste, it would be sad to see a delicacy be wasted. Steak/seafood is much easier to repurpose the next day in the buffet if not used at Cagney's in a particular evening.

Gatsby's Champagne Bar has foie gras and pate per the website and I meant to check that out on our cruise two weeks ago. Even just to see the menu and prices. But we never made it there.

We were surprised at the lack of a Mexican place just because that's a good way to keep ordering drinks. But maybe the UBP makes that moot.

Edited by cadien