Help on AFT cabins and (kindo of)cruise selection

mmn531

First, thanks for all the great info I know I will get from you all!!

I am booked on an Eastern Carib on FOS in a JS AFT cabin which I am VERY excited about. Never been in an AFT cabin and have always wanted to be there. Success :)

My question however is that there is a Southern Carib from Puerto Rico on AOS with AFT cabins available too. The problem is that all but 1 are available. Are there issues with the AFT cabins on Adventure? I have read a few reviews of them and all seems well but it just seems fishy that they are so wide open when normally AFT sell out quickly from my observations.

I am really leaning to the southern trip as my kids will be 9 and 11 by then and I think they will be ready to appreciate some different places beyond the same ol spots on the Eastern itinerary.

Any knowledge you can throw at me will be greatly appreciated !!

I have never been in a voyager class aft and please know there is a good amount of super structure in your view! Unlike a Vision or Radiance class ship! I beyond loved the Vision crn aft wrapped balcony. Best in the fleet imho. I will be in Brilliance 9256 next March[emoji41] & then 2017 and then deck 8 for Halloween 2016!

I would put the Adventure aft on hold. I can't wait til my 2016 adventure b-day cruise in the hump cabin. For strictly me on the Voyager class or above I am wanting a hump due too they are right by the back elevators. Those ships are beyond big. I don't want to be constantly spending time walking that long hall to get to the cabin and back. jmho!

Happy cruising all!

I am booked on an Eastern Carib on FOS in a JS AFT cabin which I am VERY excited about. Never been in an AFT cabin and have always wanted to be there. Success :)

My question however is that there is a Southern Carib from Puerto Rico on AOS with AFT cabins available too. The problem is that all but 1 are available. Are there issues with the AFT cabins on Adventure? I have read a few reviews of them and all seems well but it just seems fishy that they are so wide open when normally AFT sell out quickly from my observations.

I am really leaning to the southern trip as my kids will be 9 and 11 by then and I think they will be ready to appreciate some different places beyond the same ol spots on the Eastern itinerary.

The aft sections of Voyager (Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner) and Freedom (Freedom, Liberty, Independence) class ships are IDENTICAL.

The cabins, except for the numbering, are IDENTICAL. The superstructure is IDENTICAL.

We had 1388 on Adventure and absolutely loved it. Room was JS sized (but priced as a balcony) and the balcony, huge. You could look right down to the water. There was a beam you needed to be careful of on the balcony. On the other hand, 7688 has a regular sized room and the balcony is probably double the size of 1388 & 1688, but you cannot look straight down to the water and there is a covered employee area below you. I would choose 1388 or 1688 in a heartbeat. We have 1700 on Liberty in Oct for our 25th anniversary cruise and are so excited.

By the way, Our Adventure cruise was our favorite yet! Loved Aruba and Curacao and had a superb bunch of CC'ers on board! SanJuan is our favorite port to cruise out of. We have spent many days pre and post cruise there!

Have fun!

Lauri

Edited by lah66

Hello

We just returned from being on the independence of the sea Aft cabin 7410... Loved the size of the balcony...you do have metal structure preventing a perfect view...but still a nice view. The balcony one of the few positives about the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you guys for responding to my question. After some thought, we have decided to move to the Adventure out of San Juan. My kids will be 9 and 11 by then and I think it is time to go after some real experiences that they will remember for a long time. Plus my wife and I will get to walk around the ship where we celebrated our first anniversary !! BONUS brownie points for Dad :)

We were on the Explorer in corner aft cabin #7688. While the cabin was a normal sized balcony cabin, the balcony was incredibly large. It also had a side porthole that looked directly down to the ocean, no obstruction. The rear view had the superstructure, but did not bother me at all. Aft balconies are the best. We have a corner aft JS on the Grandeur for our 50 the anniversary in December.

Enjoy your cruise.

Gwen ☺