Riptide Oceanfront on Hollywood Bach, Pre-Cruise

jfer8580

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the riptide on Hollywood Beach recently? Looking to book it for two nights pre-cruise in November.

Also, does anyone know the cab rates from FLL to this hotel and to the cruise port from this hotel or Hollywood Beach in general?

jefr, the Riptide is about eight miles from the airport.

The trip to the port is around nine miles from the Riptide.

But there is an alternate way, (not recommended) and involves swimming the intercoastal waterway with your luggage.:D

A couple years ago I remember paying about $35 from the port to our hotel in Hollywood . It was less to the airport.

There is a site where you can approx. costs for cabs.

Taxifarefinder.com

Edited by eandj

I also have this hotel booked for our pre-cruise stay. The reviews are favorable. It looks to be a small mom and pop type place and the price was definitely right. The location can't be beat so hopefully it is okay!!! You go before me so please come back and let me know how it was!

I also have this hotel booked for our pre-cruise stay. The reviews are favorable. It looks to be a small mom and pop type place and the price was definitely right. The location can't be beat so hopefully it is okay!!! You go before me so please come back and let me know how it was!

I will, if we end up booking it.....like you said it has pretty good reviews but the only comments about it here on CC are from a couple of years ago.

Hi Jenner, as it turns out we will not be booking this hotel. We are going to stick to our original plan for one night at the embassy suites. Good luck and if you book it maybe you can let us know how it is for future stays.

Hi Jenner, as it turns out we will not be booking this hotel. We are going to stick to our original plan for one night at the embassy suites. Good luck and if you book it maybe you can let us know how it is for future stays.

Do you mind if I ask why you decided not to? Did someone have not good things to say? I was unsure at first but since the reviews were favorable and it is only one night I went for it. I will report back on how it was.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you mind if I ask why you decided not to? Did someone have not good things to say? I was unsure at first but since the reviews were favorable and it is only one night I went for it. I will report back on how it was.

Sorry I haven't been back in a while. We decided to stay Only one night and already had the embassy suite booked. We were thinking of adding a night and staying on the beach but decided not to. Funny thing is we may flip again depending on flights so I may still book this. Have you heard any more about it?