With NCL Changes, Would You Cruise Again?

CrazyKoi

Things in life change regularly and some people have a harder time accpeting change, not to mention one negative comment often brings out more and people react without really thinking. I will have to say, the few changes did not affect our cruise one bit and yes, we will cruise NCL again. We are scheduled to cruise in Oct. I agree, the drink package or whatever promo you take can be a huge savings. Now go, enjoy and don't let negatives influence you too much. We expect to be satisfied so often don't bother to say "we had a great time" but when things go wrong we can't wait to let the world know.

The changes don't even affect many cruisers and won't even notice except the increased dsc. The other changes are noticed only by those using specialty things offered. Not everyone wants room service nor wants to dine in special upcharge restaurants.

The changes don't even affect many cruisers and won't even notice except the increased dsc. The other changes are noticed only by those using specialty things offered. Not everyone wants room service nor wants to dine in special upcharge restaurants.

I agree. I would never order room service... that's just me. As such, I don't want to be charged even a marginal increase in my base fare to cover off room service. What NCL has now is a user-pay service.

Specialty dining - opt in or opt out. Some like it, some don't. With all the UDPs being sold and the Asian Restaurants going no-charge - it definitely should make the MDRs less crowded.

Adult Beverages - opt in or opt out. I don't drink enough to make such a plan worth it, so unless it is included - I wouldn't choose to pay for it. Further, I wouldn't want the base fare increased to accommodate free drinks onboard, because the cost:benefit analysis for me would be a negative.

DSC - a relatively small change.

For all the "feestyle" dining chatter, what I see is a great base price and the choice to add things to your cruise experience according to your own needs and tastes. If the cumulative effect of adding these features exceeds the fare on other lines providing similar or better ships/itineraries/experiences - then we all do that math and move on. Until then - I am very happy with what I am buying from NCL, and pleased to have two more cruises with them on the books.