Tere Moana---too hot?

Dunner

I haven't read too many reviews about the Tere Moana, but the few I have read mention that the dining room and the cabins are quite warm. I am interested in the new Greece itinerary, but would not book this ship if the a/c doesn't work properly. I would not be able to sleep or enjoy my meal. Does anyone know if they have any plans on correcting this problem?

We were on the P/G in the fall and everything was outstanding!!! Don't know if this ship is comparable?

H-E-L-L-O Twin and Miriam! Haven't been on the boards in a long time---just starting to get the P.G. bug after seeing the new Greece itinerary. Miss the jibber jabber with all you guys.

The one I was interested in is Athens, Santorini, Rhodes, Symi, Patmos, Kusadasi, Mykonos. Never been to Greece/Turkey and don't know much about any of these places except that Mama Mia was filmed in Santorini.

If anyone has any input about these stops or about the Tere Moana feel free to share them. My expectations are high after being on the the P.G. a-n-d what would I do without Elmo!

Hi Mitch,

If you are on the Tere Moana you will have Vishal , the Elmo of Tere Moana and Joey who is a wonderful waiter who used to be on the Pg.

Hopefully you will have Captain Rajko who used to be on the PG and Nelson Trindade a real excellent hotel manager whom Liz and Donna may remember from the PG.

What you have to get around your head is that the ships are very different with the Moana smaller and more relaxed.

I think the Corinth canal itinerary would be special....as the pics of the little ship sailing through the canal are fabulous. It is on my list...

Your itinerary is also great. Santorini is the home of Oia village which is the picture perfect blue and white houses you see on posters of Greece. Rhodes has a lovely medieval town which you can walk to from the dock. Mykonos is great for its cafes and party crowd, great people watching.

Enjoy!

We were on the Tere monoa last nov/dec. we were on level 4 and experienced the heat for the first half of the trip. The last half was okay. I think level 5 had a more difficult time than level 4. There was only one day in the dining room that was unbearable. The rest were tolerable.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Haven't made a decision about the trip/ship yet, but tolerable still doesn't sound too positive. Will keep researching to see if they were just having a problem with the a/c for a specific period of time and if it has been fixed since then.

Yes I do remember Nelson as he was wonderful and of course Joey and his big smile. I can honestly say with all our travels I have never enjoyed my breakfast service as much as I did with Joey on the PG in 2013. The Tere Moana is very fortunate to have them both,

Hi Donna! - Yes I do remember both of them too - and they were missed on our September cruise. Did you guys get to Australia?

And knock, knock - are you decent Mitch? Hahaha (we were neighbors on the aft balconies last Sept). We want to try the Tere Moane too but have too many other trips booked right now - and want to dive on the other side of the world!

We need to start a possible 2017 reunion thread to keep in touch...

Liz

Hi Donna! - Yes I do remember both of them too - and they were missed on our September cruise. Did you guys get to Australia?

And knock, knock - are you decent Mitch? Hahaha (we were neighbors on the aft balconies last Sept). We want to try the Tere Moane too but have too many other trips booked right now - and want to dive on the other side of the world!

We need to start a possible 2017 reunion thread to keep in touch...

Liz

Go for it Liz.

O asked again but no confirmation of date. I am sure it will happen but maybe not in the month we want. Fingers crossed

Glad to hear your keeping busy with lot's of travel plans Liz. We haven't made it to Australia yet , decided to do NZ with possible Fiji first . Thinking about a return on the PG possibly Feb. 2017 as we won't be able to attend the repeaters cruise . Our summer's are so short and we prefer to spend as much time at our cabin and travel somewhere tropical during our cold winter.

More info--thanks!

Hey Liz--are you and Mike going on the reunion cruise? Or does it just depend on the date?

I really would like to try - 2016 will be busy for us so I'm trying to leave 2017 open to do this again. I have enough AA miles for the trip... ;)

I hope there are good diving port stops too; that may be part of my decision as well.