What time zone will my ship Carnival Freedom operate?

luvabargain

I'm booking a tour with a company in Freeport, and one of items they told me to do was to check to ensure on what time zone my ship operates. I think they want to make double sure about the arrival and departure of the ship so they can coordinate the pick up and drop off times.

I thought that all the ships operated under whatever time zone they were under for the particular port they were in - in this case it would be EST. I'm pretty sure this was the case last time I cruised.

Thanks for your help!

I'm booking a tour with a company in Freeport, and one of items they told me to do was to check to ensure on what time zone my ship operates. I think they want to make double sure about the arrival and departure of the ship so they can coordinate the pick up and drop off times.

I thought that all the ships operated under whatever time zone they were under for the particular port they were in - in this case it would be EST. I'm pretty sure this was the case last time I cruised.

Thanks for your help!

ONLY carnival, out of the lines I've sailed, have ship time.

Other lines do time changes, so they adjust the time on the ship to the time 'in the real world'. Gold star for Carnival! No time changes!

Time on carnival ship will remain the same time zone that you depart. If texas, yes, Central time zone.

YOu can check your interairy to see what time the ship is leaving Freeport.

Thanks for your help!

A reputable tour company will already know exactly what the local time will be when your ship arrives, they should never have to ask you.

Having booked numerous independent tours in my life, I know these tour operators live and die by knowing the local time the ship will arrive and when they must have you back to the ship.

IMHO, I would be sure you check up on that tour operator.

Thanks for the information - good to know!

It's a reputable tour operator - I've researched them all over the internet and their company is one of the top rated in Freeport that keeps popping up on tripadvisor, CC and other vacation forums. It's Calabash Eco Adventures. The question is part of a standard form that they send, and I think the question is more for my sake than theirs. They've already given me a lot of information, but this one I wasn't sure about.