Aft cabin on getaway - deck 11 vs. 14?

garnet115

Had a cabin on 13 aft, and on the night of the Glow Party, it was really loud at a late time. All other nights we hardly heard anything. I'm guessing on deck 14 it will a bit louder on that particular night. Bring some earplugs and you should be fine.

Had a cabin on 13 aft, and on the night of the Glow Party, it was really loud at a late time. All other nights we hardly heard anything. I'm guessing on deck 14 it will a bit louder on that particular night. Bring some earplugs and you should be fine.

Thanks. As you can tell, I am really trying to talk myself into deck 14. I'm not so worried about the noise for myself, but my dd can be be kind of sensitive about it. If it's just one night that's bad, then it's not a big deal. If it's going to be every night, then I would definitely go for the lower deck.

Thanks. As you can tell, I am really trying to talk myself into deck 14. I'm not so worried about the noise for myself, but my dd can be be kind of sensitive about it. If it's just one night that's bad, then it's not a big deal. If it's going to be every night, then I would definitely go for the lower deck.

If DD will have issues if she's kept up because of the noise, I would always err on the side of caution. Last thing you want is a cranky, over tired kid on your hands....

Just booked an inside cabin at level 14 before I found this thread!!! :confused:

Would appreciate if someone could confirm the noise level - aft cabin at Deck 14.

I am a bit worried about the noise from the buffet area every morning too.

Just booked an inside cabin at level 14 before I found this thread!!! :confused:

Would appreciate if someone could confirm the noise level - aft cabin at Deck 14.

I am a bit worried about the noise from the buffet area every morning too.

I stayed in a deck 14 balcony cabin under the buffet area on the Breakaway last summer and did not have any noise problems. On this thread I was specifically worried about noise at the aft during Spice H20 parties at night. To be on the safe side I went with deck 11, but I don't think deck 14 is necessarily bad.

Thank you, garnet115.

We booked two rooms 14625 and 14627 and first thought it should be a convenient location as they are near the elevators. Just wonder if the doors will be opened to the interior corridors or the hallway.

Thanks.

14617.jpg.cdf01d8dbc9eda2296dae12797110d38.jpg

Thank you, garnet115.

We booked two rooms 14625 and 14627 and first thought it should be a convenient location as they are near the elevators. Just wonder if the doors will be opened to the interior corridors or the hallway.

Thanks.

[ATTACH]347455[/ATTACH]

I believe that the open to the interior corridor, not the main hallway.

Also remember the lower the deck in the aft the bigger the balcony. We always try for 9 as our first choice!

We had 12 aft corner. HUGE balcony, very quiet. The only sound was the aft wake. Nice.

Edited by Ozzie's Mom

We had 12 aft corner. HUGE balcony' date=' very quiet. The only sound was the aft wake. Nice.[/quote']

We'll be in 12906 on the Breakaway this summer. Glad to hear the noise wasn't much of an issue down there. We can't wait!

"We booked two rooms 14625 and 14627 and first thought it should be a convenient location as they are near the elevators. Just wonder if the doors will be opened to the interior corridors or the hallway."

"I believe that the open to the interior corridor, not the main hallway."

Thanks again, Garnet115!

That means our rooms are right across each other.

14617.jpg.731857677a019ac5a3b4589d427e4d1a.jpg

Also remember the lower the deck in the aft the bigger the balcony. We always try for 9 as our first choice!

I was thinking 9 but really like the fact that I can access my balcony from our bedroom. Plus I also read that the bedroom is also a bit bigger? :rolleyes:

I was thinking 9 but really like the fact that I can access my balcony from our bedroom. Plus I also read that the bedroom is also a bit bigger? :rolleyes:

I have pored over TONS of pictures and videos of the aft suites and definitely like the deck 11 and 14 configuration far better. First, I love the second door to the balcony from the bedroom. Second, the bedroom is bigger, with a slightly smaller bathroom. I'd far rather have the space and light in the bedroom than the bath.

I am in aft 13306 in feb 2016.....was wondering if the balcony was large enough for lounger....saw videos of aft balconies but they were on the 9th deck