Izumi Hibachi on Oasis

We're cruising with another couple to celebrate our anniversaries (our 26th, their 25th, same day). I've tried to book Izumi Hibachi online, but when I add in the second couple, it says it's unavailable. I phoned RCL and they tried as well, but unavailable (they have two seatings on our anniversary night, but only one booking available for each seating). Yes, they tried booking them separately, but no go. They said that they hold back a certain number of bookings so people can book once onboard. What are the chances of us actually booking both couples onboard? I'm thinking we will have to do this immediately upon boarding. I can't believe that this early out, we can't book (August 22 departure). Has anyone had experience with this?

this is something Royal should have learned from NCL, the Hibachi tables are the most popular eateries on the ship. Only 3 tables for a ship that size sounds horrific, NCL is up to 14 tables now on their newer ships. surely this will be corrected on Harmony.

Last August my daughter wanted to go there for dinner one night but i wasn't sure about it. Well one day my husband got too much sun too early and I went to the concierge and made reservations for that same night for my daughter,step daughter and myself. So i would say go as soon as you get onboard. If you're staying in a suite email the concierge and tell them what you need maybe they can at least get you on a waiting list for now and you could try again as soon as you board.

Yes, this is crazy to only have 3 tables each night. For a ship that has 6,000 passengers, each night will only serve 30 people! And we want one particular night. So disappointing that we will have to hope we can get booked. Do you think we should book the one couple and then see if we can book the other couple on board? If we couldn't get the second couple booked (and ensure we would be at the same table), we could just cancel the reservation?

Does Allure also have a Hibachi grille or will it after drydock? As of now it doesn't appear to be listed.

Most likely, but Royal has not published a list of changes to Allure.

What about if you book one couple ahead of time and then book the other when you board? Its probably more likely to get 2 people in then 4. If you can't get a ressie for the other 2 people onboard, you can always cancel?