Which pier will we tender into?

imluvncruzn

I'm going to be in Grand Cayman in a few weeks and have every intention of taking the public bus to Calico Jacks. I've found a walking map that shows me where the library is on Edward Street so I know where to catch the bus. The issue I'm having is trying to figure out which pier we will tender into. I checked the Grand Cayman port website. There are 3 ships in GC that day. Breeze says Berth:anchorage 1 - Terminal: Dock. Carnival Magic says Berth: anchorage 2 - Terminal: Royal. NOS says Berth: anchorage 3 - Terminal Royal. What does all of that mean?

Edited by imluvncruzn

the primary anchorages are all directly west of the downtown area. There are three tender landings and they are within 1/4 mile of one another. The newest 'Royal' is the largest and most ships will tender to here, the next south is the overflow and the furthest south used only when there are MANY ships in IME

CaymanHardRock_zpsb906a0d2.jpg

The exception to this is when weather prohibits same tendering in this primary anchorage area. Then ships are sometimes allowed to use an alternate place on the south side of the island ... in Spotts Bay. This is most common in Jan thru March (not common .. but if it is going to happen it is probably this time of the year) You won't see ships 'scheduled' for Spotts .... it is a back up plan. When a ship uses Spotts, folks are bussed to the 'Royal' area.