Cagneys UDP on the Dawn

baflagg

We have the UDP for July cruise on the Dawn and Cagneys is not available to book. Does anyone know why?

It's available on our May Breakaway cruise but we don't have the UDP for this cruise

Sorry, I know this has probaby been asked before I as I'm pretty sure I saw a post about it but I've searched and can't seem to find it.

Thanks

We have the UDP for July cruise on the Dawn and Cagneys is not available to book. Does anyone know why?

It's available on our May Breakaway cruise but we don't have the UDP for this cruise

Sorry, I know this has probaby been asked before I as I'm pretty sure I saw a post about it but I've searched and can't seem to find it.

Thanks

It is in one of the UDP threads. It is not mentioned in the new Terms and Conditions for the UDP which spell out changes which take effect for July 3 and after sailings, but posters noticed that those who were sailing pre July 3 had it available to book and those who were sailing after July 3 did not.

NCL finally posted this explaination ( which really explains nothing ) to the thread: "As part of the Norwegian Next Program we're making some exciting menu updates to Cagney's. The restaurant will be closed for reservations prior to sailing, but you will still be able to make reservations on board."

No word on when this hold will be lifted, if ever. An update to a menu would hardly necessitate closing the place to reservations. They managed to upgrade and change the menu a year or so ago without resorting to that. So, speculation is that it has something to do with pricing or perhaps even removal from the "included" venues to a 20% discount that they are not yet ready to announce. So just hold off on reservations and then no one will have to be "grandfathered" in.

So in the meantime, figure out your best option for booking the minute your feet hit the deck. Lots of other people will have the same goal. All for your "convenience" of course.

Thanks

A recent cruiser posted that starting in July Cagney's will no longer be available in the UDP. Ala carte pricing. Another midstream change by NCL to squeeze another nickel and dime from it's victims.

Cagneys would be as empty as Ocean Blue if they make that change. Was on BA last week and it's empty!!!!!!

It was $39 last month on the BA for OB and lowered again to $29 earlier this month, as reported - correct (if you kept the Freestyle Dailies, kindly check it) -

and it's still empty ?

I read that Shanghai Noodles is now busy with lines - it was good when we ate, except I fear that the "Seafood" Udon Noodles Soup would soon be gone to trim cost, and the pork pot stickers (steamed/fried dumplings) would become vegan only, for healthier eating, of course. :D

-

Outside of Haven dining (whatever they continue to serve & upscaled) - I am haven't trouble visualizing upscale dining experience for the masses on the non-mega ships on a forward looking basis. That's okay & it's probably just us, spoiled in the old sailing days.

My speculation with no backup / support:

With the continuation of the "free" UBP and UDP pormotion, FDR has moved onto phase II.

Ration the product (UBP & UDP) that drove cruise sales higher by eliminating Cagneys, and reducing the number of bar servers (next).

Obviously reducing the bar servers will take time, because the employees are on contracts. I would expect to notice the difference in the Fall; in the meantime, don't be surprised if the bar servers have lost the hop in their step serving the UBP customers.

Might make sense to let your server know that you are a paying drinker

What? Ridiculous! We're on the July 3 sailing of the Dawn. I'll have to see if I can get a night scheduled in Cagney's with our concierge. They pretty much forced the UDP on people when booking lately. I'm sure it will be a mess once we're on board.

• 3 weeks later...