Promo Codes on Confirmation - What do they mean?

April7901

In looking at my confirmation, I have a series of promo codes listed. Most of them I understand. One - I do not.

CHOB - that's my "free" UBP

EasyFare - that's the "you booked early" code. Is this a qualifier for the extra 1-point per night under the Latitudes program?

LatOffer - ? I assume this means I booked under a Latitudes Offer? Is this a qualifier for the extra 1-point per night under the Latitudes program?

CHOK50 - ?! No clue.

Just curious.... thanks!

This was my initial assumption.. but.. unless someone snuck their kids onto my reservation, I'm well over the "kid" age :D

I don't see any stow-aways in your future, but perhaps that particular promo code was included with your particular booking parameters and just tacked on there by default? Who knows.

Nothing else makes much sense other than it being associated with Kids Sail Free/50%.

Edited by triptolemus

EasyFare - that's the "you booked early" code. Is this a qualifier for the extra 1-point per night under the Latitudes program?

I don't believe so. There are indications from years ago when people first noticed the EASYFARE code that it was an early booking fare, and maybe it still is related to your booking date, but personally I have had this code on several bookings that were made less than 9 months out, so I don't think it refers to the extra point.
LatOffer - ? I assume this means I booked under a Latitudes Offer? Is this a qualifier for the extra 1-point per night under the Latitudes program?
The code for the Latitudes Insider Offer, which generally includes a modest amount of OBC and the extra point, is LATITUDE. Your code is for a lower rate offered to Latitudes members on some sailings. It does not come with an extra point per night.

I don't believe so. There are indications from years ago when people first noticed the EASYFARE code that it was an early booking fare, and maybe it still is related to your booking date, but personally I have had this code on several bookings that were made less than 9 months out, so I don't think it refers to the extra point.

The code for the Latitudes Insider Offer, which generally includes a modest amount of OBC and the extra point, is LATITUDE. Your code is for a lower rate offered to Latitudes members on some sailings. It does not come with an extra point per night.

Very helpful. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
Let me jump in as an NCL first timer, my codes -in top right corner - are CHOB, EASYFARE and RESSE.

I know CHOB is the UBP, what about the others ?

Thanks.

EASYFARE is the early booking code, according to previous posts. I also have a RESSE code on my November booking and I concluded that it's for resident rates (sailing from Houston). I also have CHOB for the free UPB promo and PPSRVCHG for pre-paid DSC. But we booked under the KSF promo too, and I don't see any mention of that on the list, even though the booking details clearly show the kids' fare being $0.

That's what I thought, too - which would be a little odd, since that doesn't apply to my reservation at all!

Maybe when you booked it, your cruise fare was eligible for kids 50% off? So while you don't have kids on your reservation, if you would add two kids you could add them later at 50% off? Just a guess