7 nights in a Celebrity Suite or 11 nights in a Sky Suite

rockfsh

on Infinity Pacific Coastal next year. The 11 night Sky Suite is a total of $1500 more due to the longer voyage. Ports are almost the same. 11 night trip is Northbound from San Diego in May 2016 with additional stops in Santa Barbara and Seattle and Nanaimo. The 7 night is Southbound (Sept 2016) from Vancouver and has an additional stop at Catalina Island. We have to decide soon as we can't take both. We have been to all ports before except for Santa Barbara and Catalina. The Celebrity Suite is not available for the 11 night voyage. Thoughts?

If it were me and either trip was affordable, I would go for the 11 night just to have a longer cruise. I would be thrilled with either room as I usually can't afford more than AQ:). Unless you spend a ton of time in your cabin I would not give up four days of a cruise for a bit nicer cabin.

We have loved our stays in upper level suites (Celebrity Suite and up) because of the separate bedroom and the access to Michael's Club. But even saying that, I would go for the longer cruise in the Sky Suite. You will still have a butler, you'll get 2 nights in specialty restaurants instead of the 1 you'll get on the 7 day cruise, and you'll be able to dine in Luminae.

I would say book the 11 nt and wait list the Celebrity suite, I would bet it will clear by then and the sailing is a year out which gives time to put away the extra $$$$