Any shuttles from port of Ajaccio, Corsica into town?

I realize the walk to town is not long, but I have mobility issues and would like to save walking for the town itself. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle that would take people from ships in port into the town? Thank you.

We docked right at the town area.

Edited by shemp2000

I realize the walk to town is not long, but I have mobility issues and would like to save walking for the town itself. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle that would take people from ships in port into the town? Thank you.

It's really very accessible, I don't know if a golf buggy (as you see airports) is a possibility?

• 2 weeks later...

It has been some years since I was in Ajaccio. There was a small train as a hop on hop off version right at the pier after you go through the port building. the main street is about four block from pier. Lovely pedestrian street with shops and cafes . Easy walking.

I suggest you go to Trip Advisor and post your question on the Corsica forum .

Be sure to pick up some fig jam while there. it is great with cheese!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

A shuttle will not help you. The longest part of the walk into town was the port itself and that cannot be shortened by a driver (no cars allowed on the pier part).

We literally were docked right in town. Same as in Calgiari Sardinia - docked right in town.

My DH actually took his mobility scooter and drove right in to Ajaccio and all around. There are several roads made of cobblestones which makes for a somewhat bumpy ride, but he was able to get around quite well.