Juneau Back-up Plan?

Travel_Maven

My husband, 13-year old daughter and I have reservations for a 1:00pm helicopter/dogsled tour in Juneau in June. We need a back-up plan in case the tour is cancelled. Ship leaves port at 9:00pm. Any suggestions other than whale-watching or Mendenhall Glacier??

Take a look at your shore excursions. Have the independent tour operator phone numbers with you. There is a visitor center next to the tram, if you were to just consider a walking tour, maps available.

BQ... Great idea about having contact numbers handy....

My strategy...

• if ship tour cancels (eg mechanical? low registration?)... is the private equilvalent running? Can I book a private tour at the dock?
  • have you done a whale watch? have you visited mendenhaul? They would be high on my list of must do's in Juneau. I would be looking at a Plan B combo
  • Glacier gardens is my second fav destination after the Glacier

• Money saved can go to Tracy's crab legs
  • I like the tram as a last minute goto.... unless the ship is docked at the AJ dock that requires transportation

[YOUTUBE]e_eMbvWq8lU[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks folks! Husband and I have done a whale watching tour and Mendenhall. Our daughter isn't so interested in the whale watching so we are curious about what others with teens have done. We are considering zip lining as a back up but I may let husband and daughter do that one without me! Also, we have made our dogsled reservations independently. Thanks BQ! Will make a list of independent tour #'s!