Tips on Drink Packages for Non-Drinkers -- Just back!

Please could some one tell me how much the replenish and refreshment packages are to purchase in dollars on board? I've can see the U.K prices on my online booking. But we have quite a bit of Obc so weighing up between pre paying in £ or on board in $

We've decided the packages will work in our favour based on the info on this thread.

I just spent a week on Freedom (Eastern 4/19) and debated in advance whether to purchase any kind of drink package. We are both virtual non-drinkers, and I also don’t drink soda regularly, while hubby is a minimal soda drinker. We both decided to go with the Royal Replenish package and I wanted to share that it was a good value and I would definitely do it again.

Here are my tips on how to maximize your “investment”:

Breakfast – the fresh squeezed orange juice is crazy! There’s a really cool machine that does it right in front of you and I haven’t tasted anything better.

Specialty coffee – the Starbucks counter, located in the Promenade, Deck 5, is open from 6:30am until 1am. They have a decent selection of hot, iced and frozen options. I always asked for a bottled water while I was getting a coffee to bring up on deck or stash in the cabin for later.

Self-serve machines – there are several in key locations and offer a wide mix of Dasani waters, Minute-main lemonade and also a variety of Sprite and Ginger ale flavors if you’re not into Coke. The insulated cup kept the ice cold for a long time.

Excursions – when exiting the ship, the usual water stations are set up by the gangway. With the package, there’s no charge.

Bars – throughout the day, we would grab a frozen virgin something. We loved the virgin Coco Loco, frozen lemonade, pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris. As above, I would also ask for a bottle of water to stay hydrated. Frozen drinks were also included while on Coco Cay. We took advantage there, too.

Late night – we stayed up until about 1am most every night (piano bar fans) and enjoyed ginger ale interspersed with the occasional after dinner drink.

We figured that if we had about 6 items per day each, that we covered the cost (about $22/day, I think). The best part was not stressing about limiting myself to keep our bill manageable at the end of the trip. If you’re on the fence about whether to purchase a package as a light drinker, I would highly recommend the Royal Replenish.

Thanks for the info.:)

An informed cruise is a happier cruiser.:D

Does anyone know the cost of the nonalcoholic frozen drinks these days? Wondering how many of those per day you would have to buy to break even w/ the basic package (teenagers)...

Please could some one tell me how much the replenish and refreshment packages are to purchase in dollars on board? I've can see the U.K prices on my online booking. But we have quite a bit of Obc so weighing up between pre paying in £ or on board in $

We've decided the packages will work in our favour based on the info on this thread.

Replenish is around $20

Refreshment (soda) I think is $6.50

Edit: these are per day prices

Edited by BekkaW

Does anyone know the cost of the nonalcoholic frozen drinks these days? Wondering how many of those per day you would have to buy to break even w/ the basic package (teenagers)...

This info is already in the thread... about $4.75 + 18%... so 4-5 drinks per day would cover it. We also drank water and limited soda. Definitely worth it.

Hi All,

My family is going on our first cruise in 45 days on the Enchantment of the Seas. My kids like the occasional milkshake or smoothie or slushy-type drink. Would that be considered a frozen cocktail? Which package would include this or is it better just to buy those as I go.

Also, should I wait to select my drink package before doing the online check-in? It seems the cost is cheaper if the drink package is purchased prior to boarding.

Hi All,

My family is going on our first cruise in 45 days on the Enchantment of the Seas. My kids like the occasional milkshake or smoothie or slushy-type drink. Would that be considered a frozen cocktail? Which package would include this or is it better just to buy those as I go.

Also, should I wait to select my drink package before doing the online check-in? It seems the cost is cheaper if the drink package is purchased prior to boarding.

The cost of the drink packages is the same either pre-cruise or onboard.

Milkshakes are not included in any drink package.

Things like a virgin pina colada would be included in the Replenish package.

The cost of the drink packages is the same either pre-cruise or onboard.

Milkshakes are not included in any drink package.

Things like a virgin pina colada would be included in the Replenish package.

Virgin mudslides are included and taste a lot like a milkshake.

The 500ml bottle of still water is around $2.

A can of soda is about $2.50

Is the 18% added in addition ? Actually would have thought soda would be more - seems to me it was $2.50 years ago.

Is the 18% added in addition ? Actually would have thought soda would be more - seems to me it was $2.50 years ago.

For a long time soda was $2.88 with the gratuity. Lately, I've seen it for around $2.50 with gratuity. Don't know what's going on. The $2 water would have gratuity added.

does the Navigator have the freestyle coke machines?

No Freestyle on Navigator.

Yes - I hit the caramel macchiatos pretty hard on Radiance :)

I had a average of 4 to 5 large caramel macchiatos every morning on vision and the rr package covered it. Also would last coffee of morning grab a water to go.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by luv2cruiserccl

We carry our own water bottles with us on all trips. If water is "iffy" I treat with a steripen or fill the personal bottle with bottled water. Is there a place to easily fill a water flask? I love my red flip top bottle because it is mine and looks different from the other bottles on the bus or in the lounge. I try to remember to drink 4-5 bottles of water a day -- hard for me to accomplish.

We carry our own water bottles with us on all trips. If water is "iffy" I treat with a steripen or fill the personal bottle with bottled water. Is there a place to easily fill a water flask? I love my red flip top bottle because it is mine and looks different from the other bottles on the bus or in the lounge. I try to remember to drink 4-5 bottles of water a day -- hard for me to accomplish.

There is water available in your stateroom, Windjammer, and Cafe Promenade. They ask that you use fill a clean glass and pour that into your container.

i'd just worked out that we would be cheaper buying as we went along but being a wholly i forgot to add the 18% grats!!

Can anyone help me on the Spanish 8% tax? I know when you are in Spanish waters you pay extra tax on purchases in the on board shop and on alcohol. Does this also apply to non alcoholic drinks? In other words of our 13 night cruise do I need to build in 8% on all of our drinks for the several nights in Spanish waters?

Thanks x

Does anyone know if club soda or plain seltzer is available with the soda package?

The fountains in the bars and restaurants have soda water and tonic water.