Looking for hotel suggestion in San Juan

Jenfs5

Hi guys, I will be sailing out of San Juan in 5-23 for my honeymoon. I am looking for hotel suggestions. We are flying in on Friday morning and are looking for a place that is nice, but not terribly expensive. Airport shuttle would be great and hopefully close to the cruise port. Thanks!

The Sheraton is right across the street but is it worth the $300 a night cost.

The cab ride from the airport is about 20 min to the cruiseport, either for Carnival or RCI. There are numerous hotels to choose from. Most of the ones in Old San Juan are either very expensive of if reasonable, they are very small, and not nice. There are reasonably priced nice hotels and Inns in the Condado, Ocean Park and Isla Verde areas. Close to beaches and restaurants, and a cheap quick cab ride into Old San Juan.

A sister site to Cruise Critic, Trip Advisor is a great place to start your search.

I like the Old Town Sheraton, too. You may be able to find it for less than $300. I have gotten for around a $100 on discount hotel sites. As others have said, you can walk to the ship if your luggage has rollers. And you can get the free trolley right on the corner by the hotel.

The Sheraton is right across the street but is it worth the $300 a night cost.

The cab ride from the airport is about 20 min to the cruiseport, either for Carnival or RCI. There are numerous hotels to choose from. Most of the ones in Old San Juan are either very expensive of if reasonable, they are very small, and not nice. There are reasonably priced nice hotels and Inns in the Condado, Ocean Park and Isla Verde areas. Close to beaches and restaurants, and a cheap quick cab ride into Old San Juan.

A sister site to Cruise Critic, Trip Advisor is a great place to start your search.

We like the Casablanca, a small nice hotel in Old Town. Has character, not like a Hilton, Sheraton etc, so it may or may not be to your taste.

We have stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan and it was really convenient for sightseeing. However I liked the Condado Plaza more. The oceanview balcony rooms are worth the extra money and the pools, beach and grounds are gorgeous. I'd recommend both hotels depending on exactly what you are looking for. Close to Old Town or a more resort - type hotel?