Spa Price List - Maasdam

lddam

Quick question: Does anyone know the cost of a traditional pedicure at the spa?

My wife wants to compare the cost of having it done onboard as opposed to having it done at home before we leave on Friday. I already tried the HAL website with no success.

Thanks.

If at all possible have it done at home, you will save a lot of money. My last pedicure at sea $59.00 plus the built in tip, plus they expect you to give an additional tip. At home, traditional pedicure $25. plus tip.

Ah but on board you get to have it done while staring out the window at the most amazing view of wild, open, beautiful ocean. Once while waiting for a massage in the spa, I witnessed a whale surface right next to us. It was magical.

Worth the extra money in my opinion. ;)

Anyone know if they do acrylic fills by hand instead of electric devices? I'm usually in and out in an hour here at home, but on a Princess cruise a few years ago, besides paying $40 plus tip, it took forever because she did it all by hand. I assume the price is higher now on all ships and I'll have to have two fills on next fall's 50-day cruise, so I'm interested in finding out what gives these days.

Paid $65.00 on board for a Pedi! By the time all said and done they charged me additional tip!

I received my stateroom bill and was charged $90.00!!!

25.00 for a tip!!

I went to front office and my bill was reduced!

Said there was a error!

That will be my last on board!

Now I loved the massages!

Denise

If you go to hollandamerica.com and sign into your account under For Booked Guests, you can follow down to Purchase, then Spa Services. There will be a listing of pre-bookable services. The "Elemis Exotic Hand Ritual With Manicure" is $45.

There are also other services available AT the spa, but not available to pre-book.

I have not been happy with my spa visits. They do a mediocre job and talk to you like you are an idiot. When I had my last pedicure she told me that I was moving my feet around to much in the tub. What? After her attitude she expected a tip on top on the 15 % added tip. No.

I have not been happy with my spa visits. They do a mediocre job and talk to you like you are an idiot. When I had my last pedicure she told me that I was moving my feet around to much in the tub. What? After her attitude she expected a tip on top on the 15 % added tip. No.

I'm careful to watch for the upselling ... telling you you should purchase products. I don't need a $100 face cream that badly :) (Well, maybe I do, but I'm not gonna buy it there....lol...)

I'm careful to watch for the upselling ... telling you you should purchase products. I don't need a $100 face cream that badly :) (Well, maybe I do, but I'm not gonna buy it there....lol...)

They love the upsell for sure :D.

hairdresser recommended a "special conditioner" for my Mom's hair during shampooing..... extra $5 for a glop of conditioner! they do try to sell you. I found the last minute spa price specials they offer thru the paper ( especially for port days) are the best deals, esp the massages.