Baltimore Port parking question

BellaCaps

Hello again!

I will be cruising on Grandeur out of Baltimore. I live in Northern VA so we will not be flying into Baltimore. I read on the port website there is a parking garage where you prepay for $15 a day and it's secure. The website indicates it has plenty of parking. Has anyone actually driven to B-more and utilized the garage? Is there really ample parking? Our plan is to drive there since 3 of us in the car can easily split the $15 a day.

Any good places to eat around the port that people recommend?

Thanks!

We have parked and cruised out of Baltimore but never put our car in any garage. Unless they have changed the facility, when we were there (about 3 years ago) there was a large parking lot adjacent to the small port facility. We prepaid for parking, put our car in a spot and walked about 100 yards to the check-in area. The port does seem to be relatively secure but we have no clue as to whether there are actually guards in the area at night or whether they just depend on the fencing.

Disembarking was a true dream. We walked off the ship about 8am, grabbed our luggage, quickly walked through the customs area and were home by 9:30 (and we live just south of Harrisburg).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We used this port for our first cruise. Parking was very easy, we were able to park within a couple hundred feet of the terminal. Not only was the parking easy, but the terminal is very well organized. I think the lot opened at 10. Pull up, let the porters get your luggage, drive over to cashier to pay ($15 sounds about right), then go park the car, and finally check in at the terminal. Very professional, can't wait to sail out of Baltimore again.

We stayed at a hotel the night before and had breakfast there, so I can't comment on good places to eat. But if you are driving up the day of the cruise, you should be able to get on board by 11, and just eat in the Windjammer.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

I agree with the others, its $15 a night (so $105 for a sun-sun cruise) and its a ground lot adjacent to the terminal. I have never felt uneasy leaving our car there and the security always seems to be on point. For example, a friend left their lights on the whole time and security came right over to jump their car when they got back. The lot is HUGE and fully fenced. I know personally that the razor wire would be enough to deter me from bothering the cars. The terminal is in an industrial area too, so its not like anyone is just hanging around there.