FTTF worth it? Sailing out of Jacksonville w/HMC as a Port

We got it for our cruises to HMC, to get into our room right away, and for the priority tendering. An extra hour on HMC is totally worth it.

It was also nice to bypass the massive line at the desk the few times I needed something.

I really don't get why people keep asking if FTTF is worth it. It's a personal decision that is different for each person. Read up on what it provides and see if those things matter to you. If they do, then it's worth it. If they don't, then it's not worth it.

Save your money friend... FTTF is not needed

Agreed 110%.

Remember, these are marketing ploys designed to appease to the impatience of today's microwave society and, more importantly, separate you from your money!

If you feel that you absolutely MUST have that extra hour, drop your bags off early, get in line first for the lido lunch buffet, skip the long lines at guest services (because you waited until the last minute), or whatever else this affords you, then GO FOR IT!

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Agreed 110%.

Remember, these are marketing ploys designed to appease to the impatience of today's microwave society and, more importantly, separate you from your money!

!

Exactly....and 100% profit for CCL

THey are always thinking of creative ways to extract more money from your pocket

If you feel that you absolutely MUST have that extra hour, drop your bags off early, get in line first for the lido lunch buffet, skip the long lines at guest services (because you waited until the last minute), or whatever else this affords you, then GO FOR IT!

actually I didn't wait until the last minute, it was the middle of the cruise and there were about ten people in line. the passenger at the front of the line was still waiting when the two of us in the priority line were done and on our way.

Having sailed out of Jax several times, and tendered at HMC and Great Stirrup Cay from the Fascination, I wouldn't waste the $50. Arrive at the port at 11am, there will be plenty of parking and plenty of people to check you in.

You'll be on the ship by noon, eating or by the pool by 12:30.

Tenders are plentiful at both private islands, so no worries there either.

Have a great cruise!

I know embarkation is a breeze at Jacksonville. We are bring our own drinks on board instead of buying bottomless bubbles. So being able to drop our drinks off would be a plus, but I think we will survive carrying them fo an hour. I looked and we arrive at HMC at 8am. I don't think I will be rushing trying to get off the boat at 8am.

Thanks everyone for their tips ad advice on FTTF.

We used it a few weeks ago out of Long Beach and now cannot imagine cruising without it. It was a definite perk and totally worth the $50. Priority check in, access to your room right away, priority line for guests services, priority tender, priority disembarking. Those are just some of the ways that we used the FTTF......but to each their own.

I know embarkation is a breeze at Jacksonville. We are bring our own drinks on board instead of buying bottomless bubbles. So being able to drop our drinks off would be a plus, but I think we will survive carrying them fo an hour. I looked and we arrive at HMC at 8am. I don't think I will be rushing trying to get off the boat at 8am.

Thanks everyone for their tips ad advice on FTTF.

You've obviously never been to HMC. :D

I have purchased FTTF twice and loved it each time. Every poster is correct in that it's a personal decision. We have traveled with kids, and many times there has been an issue in the game room, taking their money. GS has handled it for us quickly each time. I enjoyed the perk of the "short" line, especially when I wanted to be dancing, sunning or anything else while on the cruise, other than standing in line. ;) That said, I have never purchased it in Jacksonville. When we cruised out of Jacksonville previously, it wasn't available. I can't remember how soon we can arrive at port? We live in Jacksonville, so would like to begin our vacay earlier than later. When can we arrive, and how soon on the ship?