Deposit amount

Cruisin 4 Ever

Carnival has a sale on right now with 50% off the deposit amount but I can't find anywhere that says how much the usual amount is.

Anyone know?

It depends on the length of the cruise you are booking.

3 days is $100 per person

4 days is $150 per person

5 days is $200 per person

6 days up is $250 per person

Edited by lizardhowson

And keep in mind that these sales usually come with some fine print as well, most notably the deposit being NON-refundable. Make sure that you know what you want before you're lured into charging your credit card.

Mock book, and you will find out.

Pick your cruise, go through the process until you get to the final payment page, and it will tell you the deposit amount.

I just booked a 6 day, and it was $250 for the two of us. ($125 each person)

Edited by poison7fl

What about a 10 day? What's the usual deposit? We're looking at the one from Charleston next year and it's under the 50 percent deposit.

Deposit and Final Payment

3 nights $100 per person 60 days prior to sailing

4 nights $150 per person 60 days prior to sailing

5 nights $200 per person 60 days prior to sailing

6 & 7 nights $250 per person 75 days prior to sailing

8 nights $300 per person 75 days prior to sailing

10 & 11 nights $400 per person 75 days prior to sailing

Alaska $350 per person 75 days prior to sailing

12, 14 & 16 nights and all Europe sailings $500 per person 90 days prior to sailing

Our 10 day and 11 day were $400 pp. We did the 50% off deposit last time they had them. Problem is, it was ES so 3 weeks later we seen a $300 price drop so had to pay the rest of the deposit.

I hated giving Carnival $1600 of my money to hold for me for 300 days but whatcha gonna do?

We booked the 10 day from Charleston last night and it was 200.00 per person.

It said it's also a "price guarantee" so I anticipate getting the price drops if they happen, just like ES. Is that wrong?

If the price drops, Carnival doesn't just give you the reduction. You have to fill out the ES form and claim the price drop. IF the price drop you see does not also have a reduced deposit, you will be required to pay the remaining deposit at that time.

Right. I've filled out the ES forms before, but if this doesn't honor "price guarantee", then what does that mean?

It doesn't say "price guarantee and you must pay the extra deposit money". :cool:

Actually, I just jumped over to Carnival to see what it's called and the very top of the promo says "EARLY SAVER rate with reduced deposit". So, isn't that ES?

Edited by Kristi Williamson

Right. I've filled out the ES forms before, but if this doesn't honor "price guarantee", then what does that mean?

It doesn't say "price guarantee and you must pay the extra deposit money". :cool:

Actually, I just jumped over to Carnival to see what it's called and the very top of the promo says "EARLY SAVER rate with reduced deposit". So, isn't that ES?

yes, it is ES, which is why it has the "price guarantee". The 50% reduced deposit is a promotion under ES. So, if your price drops, it would be under another promotion (or just ES). If that promotion does not offer a reduced deposit, you have to pay the balance at that time. You can still jump to another promotion if the price drops again. But after you have paid the whole deposit, you would not get "refunded" the deposit if the promo returned to a reduced deposit option...

My opinion only, "reduced deposit" is no sale, nor of any benefit to me. :)

I want a "sale", with reduced rates.

typically, you are right. A reduced deposit only helps with the initial investment you have to fork out to "hold" your cruise. Some folks just don't like having to spend up to $1600 to book a cruise that may be more than a year away. So, you only have to put out 1/2 of that amount when the 50% reduced deposit "sale" is going. However, my experience is that the fares often drop immediately following this kind of promotion which will encourage the same people to pay the rest of the deposit to get the lower price. ...sneaky Carnival, very sneaky...

typically, you are right. A reduced deposit only helps with the initial investment you have to fork out to "hold" your cruise. Some folks just don't like having to spend up to $1600 to book a cruise that may be more than a year away. So, you only have to put out 1/2 of that amount when the 50% reduced deposit "sale" is going. However, my experience is that the fares often drop immediately following this kind of promotion which will encourage the same people to pay the rest of the deposit to get the lower price. ...sneaky Carnival, very sneaky...

Interesting. We are caught up booking 10 day + back to back cruises, and the the deposit requirements are required for both cruises separately and equal to 90% of the total cruise rates 5 months out.

Wish they had a provision for a single deposit amount for B2B reservations not requiring multiplied amounts.

Interesting. We are caught up booking 10 day + back to back cruises, and the the deposit requirements are required for both cruises separately and equal to 90% of the total cruise rates 5 months out.

Wish they had a provision for a single deposit amount for B2B reservations not requiring multiplied amounts.

We have not done a B2B yet, but have often found that the deposit will be almost the entire amount of the cruise... That is frustrating. When booking in advance -which we don't do very often- I prefer to grab the 50% reduction but then almost always face a price reduction that causes me to pay the rest... They have it figured out, trust me...

My opinion only, "reduced deposit" is no sale, nor of any benefit to me. :)

I want a "sale", with reduced rates.

Anytime you get early saver it's always the best deal because if anything comes up cheaper along the way, you get the reduced price so I see it as the best sale you can get. If prices go up you are locked in and have best selection. Only having to pay 50% deposits is a benefit because the deposit is non-refundable so you would lose 50.00 per person and the rest goes to a future cruise credit, not an actual refund so the less you have put out the less risk.