Caribbean Passenger Age

CruiserPK

Has anyone done a RSSC cruise in the Caribbean? I have booked my daughter (23) and myself and wonder if it will be too old a group for her to find it enjoyable. Do I need to go to a mid priced cruise line? Any advise would be appreciated....I love RSSC and think it would be great fun for us, but only if the average passenger age is reasonable.

Thanks, Pam

We are not looking for singles, I am happily married and she has a steady boyfriend....my husband and I just returned from the Voyager cruise from Dover to Monte Carlo and the age range was quite old. Because I would be travelling with my daughter, I would not want a similar situation. So, that is the reason for the question.

Gald to hear all is well with your lives. You too, I hope will be "old" one day and I trust that you will not be concerned being classed as such.

As "old" cruisers we feel we have the right to enjoy any cruise we can afford and as long as we do not get run over on the jogging track we feel that resonable people of all ages shoud be able to enjoy their vacations without classification!

As a matter of fact we have made many "young" friends on our various voyages and I want YOU to remember as YOU grow older that, "age is just a number.

First of all, I did not mean to offend you David, please accept my apology. On my recent cruise, I traveled with my parents (married 57 year) and my husband. My husband and I have friends both young and old, and in our opinion, age does not matter. I only asked my question because of my situation....traveling with a 23 year old. I had heard that certain RSSC cruises, perhaps destinations, had a different mix in age range. Cindy, thanks for the invite on the chocolate cruise. I actually considered that, but the dates do not work for both of us.

I think you will find a broad cross-section of ages on a Caribbean cruise; especialy if you booked over a holiday period.

European cruises tend to have an older bent (though I am in my 40s and have been on a few) than do the Caribbean cruises because of the length of the cruises (the are generally longer) the increased costs (when also considering airfares) and the timing (as they tend to include shoulder seasons when more families, college students and full time employees can't take off).

I am sure you both will have a wonderful time no matter what, especially as one poster noted, so much time is spent "doing your own thing" in each port.

Pam,

We took RSSC's western carribbean cruise with our ds then 12 over Thanksgiving week in '03. There were all ages, all types of folks, including a huge group from the UK who were absolutely darling. I think you will be fine. Enjoy!!!

MamaQuack

We've done 2 10 day RSSC cruises in the Caribbean; one aboard Mariner and one aboard Diamond. While the average age was @ 60, there were quite a few folks in their late 30s and 40s. I think your daughter would enjoy the cruise very much, unless she's a real teenie bopper.

Thanks for all the imput. I contacted the travel agent today and we are sticking with the RSSC Mariner cruise in March. I am sure my daughter will love the pampering of Radisson, relaxiing by the pool, some fun shore excursions and delicious food. She is a big fan of lobster just like her mother! Thanks everyone! Pam

Archived