Orlando to Tampa for flights?

BlueJai

Hi all,

We are booked on a cruise out of Canaveral next year but are having difficulty getting a direct flight home (to Toronto). I am wondering what service we could use to get to Tampa where there is a potential of a direct flight. I don't even know if that is possible - would it take too much time? Can anyone provide some guidance? A couple of years ago and used a service from Orlando airport to local hotels but I can't remember the name. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jai

Hi all,

We are booked on a cruise out of Canaveral next year but are having difficulty getting a direct flight home (to Toronto). I am wondering what service we could use to get to Tampa where there is a potential of a direct flight. I don't even know if that is possible - would it take too much time? Can anyone provide some guidance? A couple of years ago and used a service from Orlando airport to local hotels but I can't remember the name. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jai

A one-way car rental would probably be the most convenient and may also be the least expensive.

No direct flights from Orlando to Toronto????? :confused:

I just picked a random date in Jan (you didn't say when you are going) and went on to Air Canada's site and found 4 direct flights on Jan 9th. (It's aircanada rouge whatever that is. but still direct).

PC to Tampa is a 3.5-4+ hour drive; you are going Atlantic to the Gulf Coast. As mentioned above a one-way car rental is your best and cheapest bet.

Easier to spend the night in Orlando and fly home early the next morning from MCO? :confused:

No direct flights from Orlando to Toronto????? :confused:

I just picked a random date in Jan (you didn't say when you are going) and went on to Air Canada's site and found 4 direct flights on Jan 9th. (It's aircanada rouge whatever that is. but still direct).

Sorry, I should have clearer. I am booking using Air Miles so all flights available coming home are connecting. I booked my flight down to Orlando about 3 weeks ago as soon as they became available and was able to get a direct flight. The returning flights have just been released in the past 10 days. I am hoping they will release some Air Canada flights to Air miles, but they haven't yet.

Thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated.

Jai

PC to Tampa is a 3.5-4+ hour drive; you are going Atlantic to the Gulf Coast. As mentioned above a one-way car rental is your best and cheapest bet.

Easier to spend the night in Orlando and fly home early the next morning from MCO? :confused:

I think you are right! When I initially googled the distance the first thing I got was that it like an hour and a half. That didn't sound right. I can get a direct flight at 7:00am the next morning so we may just stay in town for the extra day.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Jai

A one-way car rental would probably be the most convenient and may also be the least expensive.

Thanks for taking time to respond! I didn't know it was so far so this information has been so helpful.

Jai